testtest

10mm anyone

Well Mr. "The Real Life (TRL)" šŸ˜, so we want to play "whose got some 10mm pistols ?" I'll try my hand:
CMMG MK10 Banshee 8"
Colt Delta Elite 5"
Dan Wesson Bruin 6"
FNH 510 Tactical 4.7" 22 rounds
Glock G29,G20,G40 (6") (Complete series to date)
Kimber Rapide Dawn 5"
Magnum Research Desert Eagle 5"
RIA Rock Ultra HC 16 rounds
S&W 610 revolver
S&W M&P 2.0 4", 4.6" & PC 5.6" (complete series to date)
Sig p220 Hunter 5"
Sig P320 X_TEN 5"
SA XDM Elite 3.8"
SA XD(M) 5.25"
As one may note, I'm a fan of the 10mm round
Ok, got a question, since you got all these in 10mm, do you have separate warehouses for each caliber you have, if so, man, I would hate to pay all that property tax on all those warehousesā€¦.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Well Mr. "The Real Life (TRL)" šŸ˜, so we want to play "whose got some 10mm pistols ?" I'll try my hand:
CMMG MK10 Banshee 8"
Colt Delta Elite 5"
Dan Wesson Bruin 6"
FNH 510 Tactical 4.7" 22 rounds
Glock G29,G20,G40 (6") (Complete series to date)
Kimber Rapide Dawn 5"
Magnum Research Desert Eagle 5"
RIA Rock Ultra HC 16 rounds
S&W 610 revolver
S&W M&P 2.0 4", 4.6" & PC 5.6" (complete series to date)
Sig p220 Hunter 5"
Sig P320 X_TEN 5"
SA XDM Elite 3.8"
SA XD(M) 5.25"
As one may note, I'm a fan of the 10mm round
Sucks, how could I have forgotten my 6ā€ Springfield 10mm TRP šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜„

I have two 10mm's
* Colt Delta Elite SS
* SA XDm Elite 3.8" compact

Technology has moved forward and I much prefer the SA XDm Elite over my Colt Delta Elite Stainless Steel. Don't get me wrong, I still love the bigger Colt Delta Elite 10mm.

They make all types of ammo: target, self-defense and big predators.

If you buy 10mm online in bulk: much cheaper.
I get my 10mm ammo from: SGAmmo and there are others.

If anything, the boutique ammo makers (BB, DT, Underwood) all built their reps on hot 10mm loadsā€¦if they were fudging anything, itā€™d be to make their 10 look hotter than their magnums.

Apples to applesā€¦10mm is to .41 mag what .40 is to 10. You can mumble on about other calibers all you what, but thatā€™s a stone fact.
So, caliber jumping is the answer? For the 1 or 1's that state it has as much or more energy than a 41mag is nothing more than click bate/sales tactics/marketing. Can't stuff a 41mag into an automatic unless it's big, heavy and no fun to carry daily like a desert eagle or maybe a 45mag. So, your apples to apples is comparing 10mm to 41mag? Next is a 9mm or +p9 is more powerful than a 40s&w? Like some of the small ammo mfgrs you listed is where you can get the most power and performance of the 10 and many other cartridges (just agreeing with you). I'll trump your 41mag and raise you a 44mag or just call out the top dog......................500mag as it beats all. Cartridge hype isn't any more than new gun hype. I'm a s&w fan as every s&w I've purchased hasn't failed me. I'm sure there's lots of other fine handgun mfgrs out there for all to love, just don't hand me a 1911. I'll make a doorstop out of it or a paperweight.

So, caliber jumping is the answer? For the 1 or 1's that state it has as much or more energy than a 41mag is nothing more than click bate/sales tactics/marketing. Can't stuff a 41mag into an automatic unless it's big, heavy and no fun to carry daily like a desert eagle or maybe a 45mag. So, your apples to apples is comparing 10mm to 41mag? Next is a 9mm or +p9 is more powerful than a 40s&w? Like some of the small ammo mfgrs you listed is where you can get the most power and performance of the 10 and many other cartridges (just agreeing with you). I'll trump your 41mag and raise you a 44mag or just call out the top dog......................500mag as it beats all. Cartridge hype isn't any more than new gun hype. I'm a s&w fan as every s&w I've purchased hasn't failed me. I'm sure there's lots of other fine handgun mfgrs out there for all to love, just don't hand me a 1911. I'll make a doorstop out of it or a paperweight.
Except, of course, people donā€™t equate 10mm to .44 mag or .500ā€¦but they do equate it to .41 mag.

And nobody besides you is talking about autos vs revolvers; thatā€™s a bit of an argument going on in your head alone, and really is unrelated to the discussion.

Additionally, Iā€™m not the one comparing the two; I am the one saying the people who equate the two are ignorant of facts, yes.

No idea where you pulled the comparing other calibers from, butā€¦again, thatā€™s something going on in your head alone.

Love my XD-M Elite 4.5" 10MM It's not a CCW so I had to get the XD-M Elite .45acp compact for that.
IMG_1587.jpg

Well, I'll add to the discussion, at least I hope so.

True enough, the vast majority of 10mm is loaded to 40 SW velocity, except SIG, Buffalo Bore, and I believe Underwood.

As it is, my preference is for the original ballistic specs, so my two tens are zeroed with them.

I've shot more 40 than I can count, and let me say that I'd rather have a single stack ten than the Glock 22 I carried as a law enforcement officer. I still shoot 40, but just to stay proficient, it has its place, just as much as 10mm does.

It's all preference, and mine is to add at least one more, a Glock and a Hi Point carbine.

So, Iā€™ll be the buzzkill.

I think 10mm is one of the most overrated handgun cartridges out there. Itā€™s not as powerful as touted (.357 magnum will beat it up to 200 gr bullets)ā€¦and most commercial loads are barely warmer than .40 S&W.

If you want a hot round out of a 1911ā€“get a .45acp model, beef up your recoil springs to 20-21#, and get some .45 Super. Kicks 10mmā€™s tuchus all day long.
I have a 10mm and a 45 super and a Rowland 460. I will tell you from experience a commercial 45 super will NOT outperform a commercial 10mm and the Rowland flat kicks both their asses.

I initially purchased a Springfield XD45 when they came out. Loved it. Packed a punch. I eventually started liking the 10mm because I reload and can kick it up a notch from where manufacturers have to stop. So I have some really nice, hot rounds that I can take elk hunting if I wanted to. My state allows any round over 500 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle to be used on big game, so 10mm fits that bill nicely. 45 ACP does not. And I also loved that 10mm was smaller in diameter and I could carry a few more rounds in the gun than my 45. And yes, 357 will kick it's trash all day long in foot-pounds. No issue there. But I HATE carrying revolvers. And since the 357 and 44 AutoMag are the ugliest guns on the planet, I'll stick with the 10mm. Ever seen a Wildey AutoMag? BARF!

Last edited:
Back