testtest

Pnuma Outdoors 3L Element Proof Jacket and Pants

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Pnuma Outdoors 3L Element Proof Jacket and Pants” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/pnuma-outdoors-3l-element-proof-jacket-and-pants/.

Although I appreciate articles like this the cost is way too much as I have incredible wet/cold weather gear for a 1/3 of the cost, I also found the authors comment about “looking good” in his $500 rain gear funny as my thought is, if I’m warm, dry and comfortable I don’t care how I look.

I’ve got a pnuma coat that I got from Scheels. It was billed as a cold weather coat but it is more like a 35 degree coat. If I put stuff under it I can take it out in the cold for hours. So far it has been waterproof. It seems a little fragile and I wouldn’t take it through briars.
On the upside, it is very lightweight and comfortable with lots of convenient pockets. Good hood also.
I looked at Sitka and they looked like one trip through briars would shred them. Very thin material. Also hideously expensive.
FWIW…

I’ve got a pnuma coat that I got from Scheels. It was billed as a cold weather coat but it is more like a 35 degree coat. If I put stuff under it I can take it out in the cold for hours. So far it has been waterproof. It seems a little fragile and I wouldn’t take it through briars.
On the upside, it is very lightweight and comfortable with lots of convenient pockets. Good hood also.
I looked at Sitka and they looked like one trip through briars would shred them. Very thin material. Also hideously expensive.
FWIW…
Sitka's are made for different hunting (mountain) conditions than crawling through briars. The best for that are canvas with the extra protection.

Back