testtest

The Grunt’s Greatest Gat

Too bad SA doesn't still make an accurate reproduction of the WW2 1911A1 like they used too anymore.
Colt basically did the same with there 1911 Classic, looks like the gun of old till you see the high profile sights, stainless barrel, wished they also would make a true retro 1911, maybe one day Springfield or Colt will decide to make a true WWII retro 1911, if so, I’m in!

Colt basically did the same with there 1911 Classic, looks like the gun of old till you see the high profile sights, stainless barrel, wished they also would make a true retro 1911, maybe one day Springfield or Colt will decide to make a true WWII retro 1911, if so, I’m in!
These are the only US-made 1911A1 reproductions that are accurate to the WW2 A1.

and in your state.

These are the only US-made 1911A1 reproductions that are accurate to the WW2 A1.

and in your state.

Not much of an Auto Ordance guy, saw one that the slide blew apart, brand new, so I steered clear of them, didn’t know about the Inland pistol, thanks

Not much of an Auto Ordance guy, saw one that the slide blew apart, brand new, so I steered clear of them, didn’t know about the Inland pistol, thanks
There's a ton of Inland 1911A1s on GB.

"...and empty magazines shoot out of the gun like a liberal fleeing responsibility." Let's leave the pandering politics out of an otherwise informative article. Maybe you just forgot that a large portion of your audience are responsible liberal gun owners and 2A defenders. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.;)

"...and empty magazines shoot out of the gun like a liberal fleeing responsibility." Let's leave the pandering politics out of an otherwise informative article. Maybe you just forgot that a large portion of your audience are responsible liberal gun owners and 2A defenders. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.;)
Large portion ? I’d like to believe that, but I don’t.

I didn't mean a majority, I just think there are more liberals with guns and an appreciation for 2A than conservatives would guess.

I know they're out there. I am friends with several. There's a few here on the forum too.

That's the thing about the 2A. It shouldn't even be a partisan issue. The fact that our government and other factions want to disarm the law abiding citizenry should be alarming to all of us. I have to believe that all intellectually honest people regardless of ideology oppose a strong centralized government. It is already a foregone conclusion that politicians of all stripes will and do abuse their power and go to great lengths to keep that power. Anyone who thinks a strong centralized government isn't going to end up authoritarian is delusional.

I got the Auto-Ordnance M1911A1, It has authentic Plastic Grips, but I replaced them with Walnut Grips that I re-finished the old school way with pure tung oil. The Walnut grips perform well, they have a lot of bite.
20220814_231935.jpg

Based on things I've read off the internet, Auto-Ordnance had a sharp decline in Quality years ago, which developed their reputation of being junk. Since then they were acquired by the Kahr Group, that brought quality back up to expected levels.

My experience with my Auto-Ordnance, it seemed to be a reasonable quality pistol, accurate as well, best you could expect for a $600 1911. After 300 rounds, my extractor started clocking, causing ejection failures that got progressively more frequent as the extractor clocking got worse. It was cheap, quick and easy to replace.

So take that as you will, I wouldn't call them Junk anymore, but having to replace parts, even if they are cheap, easy parts that are the most common to fail on the 1911, after 300 rounds doesn't scream quality either.

How authentic a Reproduction, I have seen several reviews stating it is the closest M1911A1 reproduction available today. A couple of points they bring up that differ....
  • Beveled Mag Well Entrance (Some claim the original is flat edge)
  • Series 80 Action (meaning a firing pin block)
  • Firing Pin is the smaller 9mm Pin
  • Debate about the shape/protrusion of the thumb pad on the thumb safety (I can't tell from photos)
  • Debate about the Hammer (Best I can tell, M1911A1's had several different styles of hammers, depending on the supplier)

Last edited:
I know they're out there. I am friends with several. There's a few here on the forum too.

That's the thing about the 2A. It shouldn't even be a partisan issue. The fact that our government and other factions want to disarm the law abiding citizenry should be alarming to all of us. I have to believe that all intellectually honest people regardless of ideology oppose a strong centralized government. It is already a foregone conclusion that politicians of all stripes will and do abuse their power and go to great lengths to keep that power. Anyone who thinks a strong centralized government isn't going to end up authoritarian is delusional.
I totally agree with everything you have said here. :)(y) off topic: Send me your email address and I'll send you pics of my custom bass...

Back