testtest

Should I Run 45-Degree Sights on My AR?

I use a couple of my own interpretations of 45-degree offset iron sights on ARs that have LVPO or other scope types.

Tried the the MRDS approach but didn't like the extra bulk. Strike Industries make great products.

Last edited:
To me the ones who do this need to know how to shoot or they just can't decide and throw it all on! MBUIS don't require batteries or any power supply and an optic can fail. Go for it!

I have an EOTECH HWS on my AR-15, I run co-witness flip up iron sights as back-up....
My son has a Scope on his AR-15, he has 45° offset Flip Up sights to the left since he is a lefty...

To me the ones who do this need to know how to shoot or they just can't decide and throw it all on! MBUIS don't require batteries or any power supply and an optic can fail. Go for it!

Attachments

• 5c86dcba725847934cd81f66c859a3f4.jpg
    5c86dcba725847934cd81f66c859a3f4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 144
I have mine, like a ghost ring sight set up, as an very close-range sight when there isn't time to take the LVPO or ACOG off (using QR mounts) to flip up the BUIS.

I'm not into 45 degree sights. I fully understand the concept, but I think it's mostly for looks. It's hard to shoulder the weapon properly when you got the gun sideways. All mine except one are set up with a dot and co-witness BUIS. The odd man out is scoped with nothing else. Because it's a range rifle.

This is kind of an academic discussion for all but SOF troops who could be 10,000 miles from civilization when their stuff breaks. I mean, when your rifle sights are gone, what do you do? Grenades? Bayonet charge? Air Strikes? Cry for Mother? Hurl offensive pronouns?😉

Back