testtest

CRKT Kangee T-Hawk Review

Have had one for a few years and like it. A good medium priced "hawk".

The sheath is the only weakness.

Thanks, Talyn. Your footer begins and ends with a little Rush. Far out!

Randall
(y) We miss Neil...RIP.

ab6761610000e5eb896c4b043fb3063178afd716

I’m not much of a concert guy, but I saw Rush live in 1982, 2012, and for the last time in 2015. RIP Neil, and I miss Alex and Geddy as well. But yeah, the Kangee could take down those double-necks!

Randall

That's not bad but I prefer the utility of a belt ax with a poll for pounding. It's just as good a weapon if it ever came to that but a whole lot more useful as a tool. I am sure I could even find it more useful as a tool if TEOTWAWKI even came about some day, not holding breath on that one.

3137493b-3af6-4693-85e8-08d95d299e7d_zpsdd91a6b3.jpg

That's not bad but I prefer the utility of a belt ax with a poll for pounding. It's just as good a weapon if it ever came to that but a whole lot more useful as a tool. I am sure I could even find it more useful as a tool if TEOTWAWKI even came about some day, not holding breath on that one.

View attachment 37195
I tend to agree. Check out the American Tomahawk "Model 2" - it is a bit more of a lightweight belt axe than a true 'hawk, with a bearded bit and a hammer poll. I have one and love it. Made by RMJ Tactical (Ryan Johnson and crew).

Anyone know where the Kangee is made? I looked, but couldn't find any info.

View attachment 37195
Agreed about the poll end as a hammer for utility. I find a spike useful in my line of work. Thanks for weighing in!

Randall

It makes me laugh thinking about all you guys carrying 2 pistols, 4 magazines (or speed loaders), 1/2-dozen pocket knives and fixed blades, flashlights, cellphones, compasses, cases for everything attached to your gun belts, and now hatchets...all when you run to the supermarket for a gallon of milk...:ROFLMAO:

It makes me laugh thinking about all you guys carrying 2 pistols, 4 magazines (or speed loaders), 1/2-dozen pocket knives and fixed blades, flashlights, cellphones, compasses, cases for everything attached to your gun belts, and now hatchets...all when you run to the supermarket for a gallon of milk...:ROFLMAO:
Not sure who you are referring to in this thread? I EDC one pistol, one reload, 1-2 knives and a flashlight. Pretty simple and easy. I don't carry a 'hawk, compass, etc. in my daily life.

Yeah, it scares people when I double park my Kryptek-camouflaged HMMWV at the local 7-11.

I tend to agree. Check out the American Tomahawk "Model 2" - it is a bit more of a lightweight belt axe than a true 'hawk, with a bearded bit and a hammer poll. I have one and love it. Made by RMJ Tactical (Ryan Johnson and crew).

Anyone know where the Kangee is made? I looked, but couldn't find any info.

This is my favorite belt ax. It has cut down trees, built blinds, put up various types of camp and hammered tent stakes. And if I see a zombie it will split his skull as well any so termed "tactical hawk"

20230301_122318.jpg

Axes with these properties are not exactly new. I know everyone thinks of the Vietnam Tomahawk but in reality they are updated versions of the old naval boarding ax.

There have been versions from the Roman's and other cultures. In the realm of blades there is very little actually new. Sure a few new steels, new handke materials, some innovative locking mechanisms but other than that not a huge lot.

Naval-Boarding-Axe_BA-60_web_IMG_0652_2400x.JPG

Last edited:

View attachment 37195
The Kangee comes in a small poll version. I have that version. Big enough for pound small tent stakes if you're backpacking.

Any axe/hatchet/hawk has its roles just like firearms, and the Kangee is light-weight and serves a role if traveling light and also as a self-defense hawk. That dual-role is handy for me since I live in griz country and one never knows if having a hawk at hand might come in handy.

I also have several Gransfor Bruks hatchets/axes & still have the Estwing Sportsman's since I was a kid.

I’m not much of a concert guy, but I saw Rush live in 1982, 2012, and for the last time in 2015. RIP Neil, and I miss Alex and Geddy as well. But yeah, the Kangee could take down those double-necks!

Randall
I saw Rush a couple times back in the 80's when living in OR, and twice when stationed in MN in 2012 and 2010.

Too bad Neil went the way he did, and the hardships he had for a few years when his first family passed in a bad way.

Alex has arthritis in his hands so his playing days are problematic and he paints now, and Geddy is doing OK. They have a fan website and are selling stuff as well as memorabilia.

A band with brains...

Back