testtest

My Unpopular Opinion: Don’t Customize Your Gun

That was one of the best articles I've read in a LONG time. The author carefully detailed not only WHY but HOW he came to his conclusion--one that I've shared since shortly after I "finished" my first full-custom 1911 back in the mid-'70s. :oops:

Unpopular opinion? I simply don't care. Having achieved the status of Auld Phart, I have reached an AWESOME level of DGAF. For example, I spent the morning riding THIS around my neighborhood. It's an all-original, unmodified, unmolested, unrestored, barn-find '74 Schwinn StingRay. I've discovered to my delight that it's almost a guaranteed conversation-starter and new-friend-maker wherever I ride it. And anybody who thinks I look stupid or silly on it can just kiss my ass. ;):LOL:

1684089594246.jpeg

1684089658801.jpeg

That was one of the best articles I've read in a LONG time. The author carefully detailed not only WHY but HOW he came to his conclusion--one that I've shared since shortly after I "finished" my first full-custom 1911 back in the mid-'70s. :oops:

Unpopular opinion? I simply don't care. Having achieved the status of Auld Phart, I have reached an AWESOME level of DGAF. For example, I spent the morning riding THIS around my neighborhood. It's an all-original, unmodified, unmolested, unrestored, barn-find '74 Schwinn StingRay. I've discovered to my delight that it's almost a guaranteed conversation-starter and new-friend-maker wherever I ride it. And anybody who thinks I look stupid or silly on it can just kiss my ass. ;):LOL:

View attachment 39530
View attachment 39531
Love it!!!🤠

Reads like the same line of reasoning I have heard before. Buy a top end gun from the get-go and you won't need to upgrade it. Save up the money you will spend on upgrades and buy up initially.

Can understand that logic, but in the meantime what are you shooting? While you are saving up for that $2000 AR, I'm at the range shooting my $700 one and figuring out what I want to consider upgrading.

Then again, some people buy a gun planning to upgrade certain features. Guess that makes them illogical (unless they are buying a Glock).

Attachments

• zombomeme14052023142007.jpg
    zombomeme14052023142007.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 95

View attachment 39530
View attachment 39531
I wish i still had mine. Banana yellow with “racing slick” back tire.

I don’t do a lot of upgrades. If i had more $$$ lying around i would just for the fun of it with some guns.
I thought about swapping a bunch of parts on a new mini-14 i just got. Ended up only changing the rear sight. Shoots fine for what i want it for. Although….

I wish i still had mine. Banana yellow with “racing slick” back tire.
I never had a StingRay (or clone) back in the day. They got popular right after my Dad got me my first "big boy" bike, a 26" that would be known today as a "cruiser." I bought this StingRay around 1994, at a yard sale, for $35. It's easily worth 10X that now. It's just been sitting in my shed for nearly 30 years, waiting for me to get around to it. Well, it's time. ;)

I never had a StingRay (or clone) back in the day. They got popular right after my Dad got me my first "big boy" bike, a 26" that would be known today as a "cruiser." I bought this StingRay around 1994, at a yard sale, for $35. It's easily worth 10X that now. It's just been sitting in my shed for nearly 30 years, waiting for me to get around to it. Well, it's time. ;)
Mine was a hand me down from my brother. I had it when everyone else was riding BMX bikes (Mongoose and Redline). My Stingray didn’t jump as well as my friends’ BMX bikes but i still cleared the creek.

View attachment 39530
View attachment 39531
You should consider modifying the air in that front tire.

View attachment 39530
View attachment 39531
wow, i have a family member that has one, only the brake happens when you pedal backwards, and there are no fenders on it, (never had them), and only 1 speed......

that one there is the super-deluxe model..!!

View attachment 39530
View attachment 39531
I need that! What a find.
Only thing missing would be bottle holder for my PBR 40.

Reads like the same line of reasoning I have heard before. Buy a top end gun from the get-go and you won't need to upgrade it. Save up the money you will spend on upgrades and buy up initially.

Can understand that logic, but in the meantime what are you shooting? While you are saving up for that $2000 AR, I'm at the range shooting my $700 one and figuring out what I want to consider upgrading.

Then again, some people buy a gun planning to upgrade certain features. Guess that makes them illogical (unless they are buying a Glock).
And Daniel Defense. Awesome rifle but the trigger absolutely sucks.

View attachment 39530
View attachment 39531
1684100789696.gif

🤣😁

Back