testtest

1911 EMP 4

MRA1

Alpha
I am new to this forum, actually, this is my first forum not counting the chat rooms of the 90’s... I have acquired an Springfield Armory 1911 EMP 4 9mm, Contour. I was truly amazed by the complete package out of the box, the accuracy at the range (shooter being an important component) as well as ergonomics and “feel”, my carry going on 20+ years is a colt lightweight officers compact. This new pistol offers the same hand grip familiarity that works well for me.

So, in the spirit of customization and putting my own stamp on this weapon, I am having a difficult time finding items such as: bump pads or magazine extensions as well as oversized mag release. I ordered mag base plates from Hyve Tech, however, they do not fit the base of the magazines. I called SA and they do not recommend the extended mags 9 or 10 rounds.

any thoughts, suggestions or direction from this community would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advanced for taking the time to respond

. 73D7C250-9DBE-426E-8CA7-74477F973CD8.jpeg

I am new to this forum, actually, this is my first forum not counting the chat rooms of the 90’s... I have acquired an Springfield Armory 1911 EMP 4 9mm, Contour. I was truly amazed by the complete package out of the box, the accuracy at the range (shooter being an important component) as well as ergonomics and “feel”, my carry going on 20+ years is a colt lightweight officers compact. This new pistol offers the same hand grip familiarity that works well for me.

So, in the spirit of customization and putting my own stamp on this weapon, I am having a difficult time finding items such as: bump pads or magazine extensions as well as oversized mag release. I ordered mag base plates from Hyve Tech, however, they do not fit the base of the magazines. I called SA and they do not recommend the extended mags 9 or 10 rounds.

any thoughts, suggestions or direction from this community would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advanced for taking the time to respond

.View attachment 10778
Welcome to the forum. A few threads on EMP I have seen lately, but hopefully someone will be able to respond with some options.

I was eying the EMP as well, it looks great!

@MRA1 Not exactly what you are looking for but a few EMP owners in this thread...

Welcome to the forum. A few threads on EMP I have seen lately, but hopefully someone will be able to respond with some options.

I was eying the EMP as well, it looks great!
Thank you for the info, knowledge is power and all information serves a purpose, so the string you posted is much appreciated.

I did a bit of research, found the EMP 9 contour. After about 500 rounds, it loosened up a bit. I took it apart for its first cleaning and found the form, function and fit to be outstanding. The pistol has abi thumb safety, a small mag well, fiber optic front sight (orange) rear sight white dots. Trigger is crisp and reset is spooky clean and short. I wrapped it in a Clinger Holster, I was carrying it in the We The People holster purchased for my .45 and it fit OK, the Clinger was made specifically for the EMP and its very comfortable on my hip IWB. I made the change because my .45 is over 20 years old, so it’s semi-retired... I have to plan a party for it.

Glad you found that information useful! Lots of great members here that provide all kinds of good stuff!

Hopefully you will get some feedback on your questions.

your EMP sounds like a great choice. RIP to you .45!

When it comes to magazine extensions or base pads they are not universal.
You can get the magazine's with pads just order the 10 round EMP4 magazines.
Most all of the parts are EMP specific due to it's smaller frame size that was engineered for 9mm and S&W .40
If you want spare parts I have found things like firing pins and the like from Midwest Gunworks .
I tried recoil springs for my Kimber Pro size 9mm and .45ACP in my Springfield EMP4-40 and the springs work-so there is some cross over as far as parts go.

When it comes to magazine extensions or base pads they are not universal.
You can get the magazine's with pads just order the 10 round EMP4 magazines.
Most all of the parts are EMP specific due to it's smaller frame size that was engineered for 9mm and S&W .40
If you want spare parts I have found things like firing pins and the like from Midwest Gunworks .
I tried recoil springs for my Kimber Pro size 9mm and .45ACP in my Springfield EMP4-40 and the springs work-so there is some cross over as far as parts go.
Thank you, much appreciated. I will check it out.

Thank you for the info, knowledge is power and all information serves a purpose, so the string you posted is much appreciated.

I did a bit of research, found the EMP 9 contour. After about 500 rounds, it loosened up a bit. I took it apart for its first cleaning and found the form, function and fit to be outstanding. The pistol has abi thumb safety, a small mag well, fiber optic front sight (orange) rear sight white dots. Trigger is crisp and reset is spooky clean and short. I wrapped it in a Clinger Holster, I was carrying it in the We The People holster purchased for my .45 and it fit OK, the Clinger was made specifically for the EMP and its very comfortable on my hip IWB. I made the change because my .45 is over 20 years old, so it’s semi-retired... I have to plan a party for it.
Have you tried hollow points in it yet. I have read that a lot of people have problems with HP. I have one in 40 S&W shot 2 mags of 8 different kinds of HP without a problems.

Have you tried hollow points in it yet. I have read that a lot of people have problems with HP. I have one in 40 S&W shot 2 mags of 8 different kinds of HP without a problems.

I will, it's on my to-do list, I have a few boxes of self-defense ammo that are old. I am waiting to find a good price on defense ammo that doesn't dip into my retirement funds....I already sacrificed my kid's wedding money... and all of her houses down payment...Hope she marries rich!!!

I will, it's on my to-do list, I have a few boxes of self-defense ammo that are old. I am waiting to find a good price on defense ammo that doesn't dip into my retirement funds....I already sacrificed my kid's wedding money... and all of her houses down payment...Hope she marries rich!!!

:ROFLMAO:

Seriously! Prices on self defense is nuts. I just ordered a small amount from roger sporting goods (thank you to those that posted to that site). While still inflated, its “reasonable” compared to Others.

good luck with he marry rich...

Back