testtest

1911 Extended Magazine Release Button

LarryT

Operator
Looking for feedback/input on options for installing an extended magazine release button (extended button, not an extended magazine :)) for my 1911 Operator .45acp. What have you found that works (or doesn't)? Was it worth the effort/price?

Looking for feedback/input on options for installing an extended magazine release button (extended button, not an extended magazine :)) for my 1911 Operator .45acp. What have you found that works (or doesn't)? Was it worth the effort/price?
Look at Ed Brown website - there’s a parts tab on the Shop button on the menu.
Great quality stuff; my ext mag release fit perfectly….
Also might try MidwayUSA too.

1911 mag releases are fairly standardized as far as fitting into the frames. It’s the buttonon outside that can vary.

i have not changed out a 1911 mag release button, but i have replaced the spring for a lighter one, on all my 1911's in fact.

as it is, the size of my hands, my finger just about butts up to the release button, and i found the spring tension to be a bit much.

what you have to take into consideration is if you carry that gun, and the potential for the button to get hit and you drop your magazine.

I went with the Ed Brown release and lighter spring. Easy-peasy replacement. Release works perfectly. I did a dozen draw/dry-fire combinations, and with the lighter spring dropped the mag 5 times. Replace the OEM spring and had a 100% success rate on 20 dry-fires. Thanks, one and all for your comments and suggestions.

Back