testtest

1911 not staying open on last round sometimes?

Randy_Mac

Elite
II hope this is the right place and I searched this question and couldn't find a answer.
I just bought a garrison 9mm 1911. Cleaned it to it out and fired it (about 120 rds)and everything was pretty much ok. Took it out the next day and on two or three mags the slide didnt stay open on the last round? But on three more it did ? This is only my second new 1911 I have owned brand new. The other is a 45 .Any Ideas

II hope this is the right place and I searched this question and couldn't find a answer.
I just bought a garrison 9mm 1911. Cleaned it to it out and fired it (about 120 rds)and everything was pretty much ok. Took it out the next day and on two or three mags the slide didnt stay open on the last round? But on three more it did ? This is only my second new 1911 I have owned brand new. The other is a 45 .Any Ideas
Are you staying high on the backstrap when you are shooting this weapon?

If you take a very high grip it may interfere with the slide release. I had this happen to me with a Walther PDP. Dropped my right thumb a little bit and it did not happen again.
Awww ok I just handled it and I think you might be right my thumb is kinda high thanks I'll try it. Not much pressure on the slide release though ? This thin grip is kinda different to me atleast

Yeah I have never had this happen on a gun. I load the mag ,new mags ed Brown, put the mag in charge it and release the mag to load anoth round and one two rounds pop out ?? . At first was loading the mag by hand then got the speed loader ?
do the rounds come out of the magazine when released or do they drop out of the gun?
are the rounds loose in the magazine? will they come out of the mag if you shake it upside down?
does this happen with the factory magazine that came with the garrison?
and to cover all my bases... the new ed brown mags are for 9 mm, not .45, correct? please don't be offended. just want to make sure. not sure if that would even be possible to do.

Ok here's what happened I loaded the mag that came with the gun. Mag seems a little sticky as it goes in the gun ,not bad. But I had my wife load the mag ( no hand strength ) she uses a Sig 380 . Ok took the mag out one bullet feel out with the mag. I put a ed brown in racked the slide dropped the mag loaded the bullet into the mag and then dropped it , everthings fine . did the same with factory mag bullet fell out . so it,s the factory mag that screwing up and I didn't realize it wasn't paying close enough attention I got nerveours and pissed. It's the factory mag causing the lroblem

do the rounds come out of the magazine when released or do they drop out of the gun?
are the rounds loose in the magazine? will they come out of the mag if you shake it upside down?
does this happen with the factory magazine that came with the garrison?
and to cover all my bases... the new ed brown mags are for 9 mm, not .45, correct? please don't be offended. just want to make sure. not sure if that would even be possible to do.
Right 9mm it's the factory mag that's stricken and spitten lol

Back