testtest

1911 Owners, Anyone Use These Recoil Buffers Before?

I am new to the forum and new to the 1911 platform. I am currently still an active Police Officer\Firearms Instructor and carry a Glock as per dept regs. Since Im new to the 1911 world ( wish i got into them sooner) I can tell you my first 1911 is a Wilson Combat CQB. Had to be sent back to them with an issue. Week later received the weapon back with a very detailed explanation. Issue was fixed and they advised to NOT use the shok buff. Weapon is totally flawless now. Since Im new to the 1911 world I speak to a lot of people who use them exclusively and I do get mixed opinions myself from shooters. But in my own experience, I do not use and will never use them again. Hope my thoughts helped.

I am new to the forum and new to the 1911 platform. I am currently still an active Police Officer\Firearms Instructor and carry a Glock as per dept regs. Since Im new to the 1911 world ( wish i got into them sooner) I can tell you my first 1911 is a Wilson Combat CQB. Had to be sent back to them with an issue. Week later received the weapon back with a very detailed explanation. Issue was fixed and they advised to NOT use the shok buff. Weapon is totally flawless now. Since Im new to the 1911 world I speak to a lot of people who use them exclusively and I do get mixed opinions myself from shooters. But in my own experience, I do not use and will never use them again. Hope my thoughts helped.
Very much so, thanks! Wilson Combat suggests not using the product they sell on their website. I like it. :ROFLMAO:

Didn't we just have a thread about these? I'm not rippin' on ya Paulie, I just think it might be worth your while to find that thread. May have some useful info for you.
You and Anni are correct, there’s at least one other thread from a just a few months ago. I was asking about these buffers.
I bought a spring & buffer set but haven’t tried it. Am doubting that I will…

I'd pass on the buffers partially because of reviews read on them and if something works fine as is, don't fix it theory.
If remember some of the older info read correctly? It's also a little more than just simply installing buffer pad, it also involved replacing original spring with different weight recoil spring as well in info read. Tried locating info, but haven't found it yet. - It was a little more involved than the link below. *Buffer pad's are also only recommended for full size / 5" government models.

I've used a buffer on my SA 1911 for years. They work for me and they do get beat up and replaced. If your slide will lock back with an empty mag it should work for you.

Back