testtest

1911 you gotto have one

I own several Colts and they are good guns. But I also own 4 Springfield 1911s and I can't knock them at all. Excellent pistols. I'd have no worries with buying another one. (y)

BTW: just mailed off the paperwork for another CMP 1911. Wonder what I'll get this time? 😁

IMG_20230703_101756220.jpg

I'd like to share some of this beauty with y'all, I'm so grateful to have it.
I'm kinda frugal, it's a special-carry only, and not for third party protection. It's heavy, and we'll worth the price. Eclipse Custom

His last design was the 9mm Browning High-Power, it's almost a copy of the 1911. They are also worth their weight to carry.
The BHP is not an almost copy of the 1911.

And JMB died before the patent for the rough prototypes was approved.

JMB roughed out the concept but Dieudonné Saive at FN Herstal completed the design, which became known as the Browning Grande Puissance (high power) or GP-35, in honor of JMB.

Years ago I bought a SG 191-22. I have always liked 1911s but couldn't afford a "real one." I hada Ruger SR22 that I sold to aguy who really liked it so I used that for the GSG. I absolutely love it. It can be finnicky on ammo, but it's just a range toy. Absolutely so much fun to shoot, and incredibly accurate. I use it in local practical pistol matches.

I turned 45 during the plandemic, when we were getting all the Covid $. I wanted a 45 for my birthday, and if I was getting a 45, it had to be a 1911. The Ronin had just recently came out, and that's what I really wanted. But I couldn't find one anywhere. I eventually found the Kimber Custom 2 Tow Tone LW, which is basically exactly the same, so I got that. Then I got a dog a few months later and named him Ronin.

I love my Kimber. I initially bought it as a range toy and sort of heirloom to hand down to the kids someday as I love the look, and it's the most expensive gun I own. But because it just shoots so darn well I find myself carrying more that I planed. It's actually my go to for church carry. I have discovered that as nice as it looks, the wood grips aren't' very grippy and with no checkering on the backstrap, it is a little jumpy in the hands, so I have begun the process of customizing it some. I have swapper out to Magpul grips and looking at grip tape for the front strap. I am trying to find a balance of maintaining the original looks while make it more better. I am actually looking to find a way where I can do a silver/stainless arched mainspring housing but a black magwell.
Here' how it looks now. If anyone has suggestions on how I can make the mainsprignhousing/magwell combo work, please let me know

Years ago I bought a SG 191-22. I have always liked 1911s but couldn't afford a "real one." I hada Ruger SR22 that I sold to aguy who really liked it so I used that for the GSG. I absolutely love it. It can be finnicky on ammo, but it's just a range toy. Absolutely so much fun to shoot, and incredibly accurate. I use it in local practical pistol matches.

I turned 45 during the plandemic, when we were getting all the Covid $. I wanted a 45 for my birthday, and if I was getting a 45, it had to be a 1911. The Ronin had just recently came out, and that's what I really wanted. But I couldn't find one anywhere. I eventually found the Kimber Custom 2 Tow Tone LW, which is basically exactly the same, so I got that. Then I got a dog a few months later and named him Ronin.

I love my Kimber. I initially bought it as a range toy and sort of heirloom to hand down to the kids someday as I love the look, and it's the most expensive gun I own. But because it just shoots so darn well I find myself carrying more that I planed. It's actually my go to for church carry. I have discovered that as nice as it looks, the wood grips aren't' very grippy and with no checkering on the backstrap, it is a little jumpy in the hands, so I have begun the process of customizing it some. I have swapper out to Magpul grips and looking at grip tape for the front strap. I am trying to find a balance of maintaining the original looks while make it more better. I am actually looking to find a way where I can do a silver/stainless arched mainspring housing but a black magwell.
Here' how it looks now. If anyone has suggestions on how I can make the mainsprignhousing/magwell combo work, please let me know

i buy the majority of my 1911 parts from Ed Brown

then there are these companies.

Agreed. And I'm betting that 9 out of 10 people will have a hard time stopping at just one of each. Both are far more addictive than any polymer gun I've ever shot.
true, it IS very hard to stop.

i have revolvers that to me, are great.

a few 1911's that are great.

2- 45's that are great.....

4- 9mm's that are great..

then the others (polymers) are very good, and if involved in a shooting situation......i don't think i'll cry much when the police take it away.

especially my Glocks.........

1694615945389.png

I just went and bought my first 'real' 1911 (45acp) a few weeks ago.

A bit pricier, but It was absolutely worth every penny. Shoots like dream. When you rack it and just hold it you can see and feel the difference. The front checkering is SO good. Once I held one with it, it was a must have feature.

colt4.jpg

Back