testtest

2021 NRA Convention is Cancelled

Jimbo

Elite
Bummer:

It was to be my first; I hope it will not be the last.

I was looking forward to meeting some of my heroes: Massad Ayoob, Sootch00, Colion Noir, Chris Baker "The Lucky Gunner", The Firearm Guy, Maj Toure, ...

Bummer:

It was to be my first; I hope it will not be the last.

I was looking forward to meeting some of my heroes: Massad Ayoob, Sootch00, Colion Noir, Chris Baker "The Lucky Gunner", The Firearm Guy, Maj Toure, ...
Thanks for posting Jimbo,
Under all the current circumstances was very surprised by the event being planned at all.
Like many others, received an invitation earlier. Hadn't received cancellation notice yet though.
The original idea seems poorly planned to be cancelled now. Approval should've been looked into and thought likely was prior to announcement of event. Guess not?

Chairman Kamala the Hun? Chairperson Kamala the Hun? Chair*gulp* Kamala the Hun?
is this a politically poor statement? if so, lord forgive me and help them little pigmys out there.
I was actually referring to Wayne Lapierre being the perpetual VP of the NRA, yet being the one who actually calls the shots. He should just call himself the Chairman and be done with it - it would be more honest than calling himself the VP.

I've been a life member for 35 years now. The only correspondence I get from them is a magazine once a month.
Life member here too. I get the magazine (American Rifleman), and a ton of paper mail from the NRA-ILA offering free knives, range bags, etc., if I donate money to the group. I did get my email letter indicating the member meeting/convention was canceled, but that was several hours after it was already decided and the announcement posted here in this thread.

Life member here too. I get the magazine (American Rifleman), and a ton of paper mail from the NRA-ILA offering free knives, range bags, etc., if I donate money to the group. I did get my email letter indicating the member meeting/convention was canceled, but that was several hours after it was already decided and the announcement posted here in this thread.
I used to buy a bunch of crap from them. I have a crap ton of the coins somewhere and a few knives.

It is the small vendors and support and hospitality industry that suffer from the cancellation. I had several instructor events and conferences that I was registered to attend cancelled in 2020. My firearms training business was down more than 90% from security companies afraid to send students. So here we go again, the WuFlu keeps on giving (or taking). I am thankful to have a pension, I feel so bad for folks who have to rely solely on small business operations to support their families.

Back