testtest

3.8 inch Hellcat to soon be released?!

I don't see it. They already have other guns that overlap the needs for a longer barrel or higher capacity (which makes it less concealable). I think this is why my beloved XD-M Compact 3.8 was discontinued - product line simplification or something like that.

@jfmorris True! Good point. With the 3.8 xdm being discontinued .... I think it make sense for another 3.3 or 3.8 to be released soon. Other wise SA will only have the xds 3.3 with 9+1 and the XD mod 2 which is kinda on the heavy side for cc. Again just a hunch.

I have read a few articles on the Hellcat and it has created an intersest in getting another 9mm. Need to track one down to see how it feels in my hands. Would go with the OSR version. Current 9mm holds only 10+1.

I haven't been able to hold/shoot a Hellcat but can say the added size of the P365 XL over the P365 was a very nice change for me. I would think going to 3.8 and getting a slightly larger grip and longer frame would add to the stability/shootability of the Hellcat. I don't feel the 365XL has changed my ability for concealment.

It looks like Springfield did have a 3.8 in the works, but not a Hellcat. The new XD-M Elite 3.8 looks like an amazing CCW gun. I'll admit the grip is a bit long, but with 20+1 capacity it might be worth overlooking. It would be really cool if you could get one with a 4.5" slide and a short/compact grip frame (but with bumped up capacity like this one).

It looks like Springfield did have a 3.8 in the works, but not a Hellcat. The new XD-M Elite 3.8 looks like an amazing CCW gun. I'll admit the grip is a bit long, but with 20+1 capacity it might be worth overlooking. It would be really cool if you could get one with a 4.5" slide and a short/compact grip frame (but with bumped up capacity like this one).
As soon as I read this, I thought of that gun in the 40K XDM article https://www.thearmorylife.com/strayers-40k-blue-flame/. Strayer had the same idea and did that with the original XDM guns. This does look really cool, I have to admit,

article-strayers-40k-blue-flame-5.jpg

I have no clue what Springfield has cooking up in the labs. I can say as far as the Hellcat line I’d love to see a cross between the Hellcat and XDe. Think about it hammer fire, ambi thumb safety, 13+1 capacity. That’s just what I’d love to see personally.

Yes, a decocked DA Hellcat on my waste would be awesome.

Oh no!! Just wait til April.... it may not be 3.8 but it will be a bigger hellcat that will release soon!

I’m guessing a 3.3-3.6 hellcat that will hold 15-16 max... will be announced at the NRA show is my guess!

As soon as I read this, I thought of that gun in the 40K XDM article https://www.thearmorylife.com/strayers-40k-blue-flame/. Strayer had the same idea and did that with the original XDM guns. This does look really cool, I have to admit,

View attachment 2221

I would buy one of those ^ & v. 4.5 + 3.8 = XDm Elite 4.1 ????????

Strayers-hybrid XDm.jpg

I think its funny that everyone is basically wanting what I've got - an XDM Compact, which was available for years in 9mm, .40 and 45acp. I still don't understand why Springfield killed that. I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck and its extremely comfortable to carry. 3.8" is close enough to a 4" service length barrel for me, and the shortened grip frame versus the full size XDM grip makes it much easier to conceal without printing.

Back