testtest

.45 ACP Delivery systems, Old and New.

The .45 ACP or.45 Auto is a rimless straight-walled handgun cartridge designed by John Moses Browning in 1904.

The Old Colt
Weight: 39 ounces empty
Length: 8.5"
Barrel Length: 5.03"
Magazine Capacity: 7-8
colt.jpg

The New Glock
Weight: 27 ounces
Length: 8.9"
Barrel Length: 5.31"
Magazine Capacity: 13-14

glock.jpg

The Colt is a fine pistol. but the Glock is my choice because it's lighter, has a higher capacity
standard magazine, it's not prone to jamming, and it's infrequent cleanings are easier for me.

Last edited:
Don't have either one, any longer, due to selling off my .45 acps due to arthritis onset. But, like everything in life the choice is entirely a matter of personal opinion.

I would however take and utilize another 1911 in a second. I have found the platform to be entirely reliable and accurate. The capacity difference to me personally is a non-issue, heck the majority of the time i am carrying a snubby alone anyways. Capacity is not something I have ever been fixated on or worry about. Matter of fact just last year I bought my first pistol that carries more than 9 rounds and still am considering selling it.

If I was given a Glock, of any flavor, I would sell it. I just cannot abide the feel of them, in my hands. I have tried, numerous times to like them, without success. This has no bearing on my recognition of them as fine reliable choices, for others.

Last edited:
Don't have either one, any longer, due to selling off my .45 acps due to arthritis onset. But, like everything in life the choice is entirely a matter of personal opinion.

I would however take and utilize another 1911 in a second. I have found the platform to be entirely reliable and accurate. The capacity difference to me personally is a non-issue, heck the majority of the time i am carrying a snubby alone anyways. Capacity is not something I have ever been fixated on or worry about. Matter of fact just last year I bought my first pistol that carrying more than 9 rounds and still am considering selling.

If I was given a Glock, of any flavor, I would sell it. I just cannot abide the feel of them, in my hands. I have tried, numerous times to like them, without success. This has no bearing on my recognition of them as fine reliable choices, for others.
I agree. Cannot stand a Glock, but they are a quality firearm for others to use 😉

I liked the 1911 just fine and shot them for about 10 years before trying my first Glock in 1985, that was the end of me owning any 1911 pistols and the beautiful beginning of me owning & shooting Glock pistols. Full size Glock pistols in particular just feel right in my hands, and I have never had issues with any of them. The 1911 is a good choice for some, but I'll never own another one.

View attachment 37618

16 rounds. Not prone to jamming. Does 2” 25yd groups all day long, if I’m up to it.

Haven’t met a Glock yet that’ll touch it.
You haven’t met my Glock 34, yea, 9mm but it will shoot, next time I take it out I’ll post a range report. Now many moons ago my first 1911 was a AMT government model, it would shoot 2 1/2” or better if it wasn’t jamming all the time.

Back