testtest

.45 ACP Delivery systems, Old and New.

The .45 ACP or.45 Auto is a rimless straight-walled handgun cartridge designed by John Moses Browning in 1904.

The Old Colt
Weight: 39 ounces empty
Length: 8.5"
Barrel Length: 5.03"
Magazine Capacity: 7-8
View attachment 37616

The New Glock
Weight: 27 ounces
Length: 8.9"
Barrel Length: 5.31"
Magazine Capacity: 13-14

View attachment 37617

The Colt is a fine pistol. but the Glock is my choice because it's lighter, has a higher capacity
standard magazine, it's not prone to jamming, and it's infrequent cleanings are easier for me.
I beg to differ on a Glock not jamming. I have seen a lot of limp wristed shooters stove pipe them.

Semantic arguments about "round capacity" aside....

There are also 10 round mags for the P220 and they work great. That is what I usually carry for a spare mag when I carry a P220.

And yeah, please bring back the P220 Carry. I don't even care if it's a Legion model, or just a simple, stripped down base model (actually, that would be my preference).

Last edited:
The .45 ACP or.45 Auto is a rimless straight-walled handgun cartridge designed by John Moses Browning in 1904.

The Old Colt
This 1911 Gov't Model was made in 1913, and the design is still going strong. The advantage that 1911's made today have is they are superior in manufacturing techniques in terms of metallurgy. This old girl was hand machined and hand polished before being blued, but was not heat treated. I hope I look this good when I'm 110 years old.

1913 Gov't Model 1911.JPG

IMG_0721.jpg

The Old Colt
View attachment 37616

The New Glock
Weight: 27 ounces
Length: 8.9"
Barrel Length: 5.31"
Magazine Capacity: 13-14

View attachment 37617

The Colt is a fine pistol. but the Glock is my choice because it's lighter, has a higher capacity
standard magazine, it's not prone to jamming, and it's infrequent cleanings are easier for me.
The 1911 has an inherent beauty. The Glock is truly fugly - and has an awful trigger - even the Gen 5. Personally, I’ll go for the other member of the movie gun triad - the Sig P220.

Well, at least you can drop a Glock and not worry about it going off, and I have owned several H&K’s, good guns but I think slightly over rated, never shot any FN, been looking to try one out. The Glock grip is somewhat awkward, but once you get used to it, not so bad, still the 1911 rules.

Well, at least you can drop a Glock and not worry about it going off, and I have owned several H&K’s, good guns but I think slightly over rated, never shot any FN, been looking to try one out. The Glock grip is somewhat awkward, but once you get used to it, not so bad, still the 1911 rules.
Which HKs did you own and were the triggers stock ? Other than the VP9, most HK stock triggers are not good.

Which HKs did you own and were the triggers stock ? Other than the VP9, most HK stock triggers are not good.
2 USP40’s and a VP9, stock triggers, what gets under my skin is people knock Glocks, which is fine, to each there own, but don’t you dare say anything negative about a Sig or especially a H&K, all hades break loose cause some say H&K and Sig are gospel cause a few say and think so, any gun, no matter who manufactures it will have pros and cons, plus people will have pros and cons on them, that’s just the way it is. I own 4 Sigs, 5 Glocks and numerous 1911’s, like them all

Last edited:
2 USP40’s and a VP9, stock triggers, what gets under my skin is people knock Glocks, which is fine, to each there own, but don’t you dare say anything negative about a Sig or especially a H&K, all hades break loose cause some say H&K and Sig are gospel cause a few say and think so, any gun, no matter who manufactures it will have pros and cons, plus people will have pros and cons on them, that’s just the way it is. I own 4 Sigs, 5 Glocks and numerous 1911’s, like them all
I don't knock Glocks. I think they are bombproof and look cool as hell. I just wish they felt good in my hands. I'd probably put a different trigger in it if I did have one, but other than the VP9 I'd do the same with an HK too. My P30L has a GG trigger kit in it.

4 Sigs and 5 Glocks. It’s just a matter of time. You’re trending in the right direction, my friend. Don’t let those preachy, elitist German gun guys get to you, they’re not all bad. In fact, I hear a couple of ‘em are pretty decent guys. I have as many 1911s as I have Sigs. I don’t know how, they keep appearing.
1679109126986.gif

I do like Glocks, one saved my life when it counted. The problem for me with them is the grip angle. The 1911 is perfect for me also the Smith&Wesson M&P line also work great for me. M&P has been very accurate and reliable. M&P 45 is a great gun!

Back