testtest

.45 acp Punch

Yea I happen to have a box
image.jpg

i don't know..you should try emailing Federal

for me, i have 3 guns for self/home defense, 9mm, 45 ACP and 57 magnum.

all 3 are loaded with HST's.

both the HST and Punch expand nearly identical.

the nominal extra cost of HST's are worth it for me, rather than price cutting.

1705349700342.png

Punch on the left.......HST on the right.

I don't know you either. I know what WW Ranger .45 acp does. This doesn't interest me unless it is better. So far I don't see it
Punctuation can be important. He didn't say " I don't know you". He said, " I don't know. You should look".

Better is completely relative. The only way to know what's better for you and your gun is to try different types of ammo.

Punch runs well in all my 9s, but I prefer 124 gr. HST. Never tried it in .45, I run HST. Will try some Ranger T when I get around to it because @HansGruber says it's good shite. He wouldn't steer me wrong. Again, I will have to test it in my particular .45s.

Last edited:
Just curious, what qualifies as a short barrel
.45?
Beats me brother. My Shield is 3.1". Everything else I have is 4 or 5. I was merely pointing out that the article is not about the regular Punch. And I put "Optimized" in quotes. so.......

What qualifies as a micro 9 ? Is this Punch only good for Hellcats or will it work well in my Masada S ? Only the shadow knows. One thing I do know, anytime two entities team up on a product there's a good chance it's 90% marketing. I'd like to run some of this Hellcat Punch against regular Punch.

Beats me brother. My Shield is 3.1". Everything else I have is 4 or 5. I was merely pointing out that the article is not about the regular Punch. And I put "Optimized" in quotes. so.......

What qualifies as a micro 9 ? Is this Punch only good for Hellcats or will it work well in my Masada S ? Only the shadow knows. One thing I do know, anytime two entities team up on a product there's a good chance it's 90% marketing. I'd like to run some of this Hellcat Punch against regular Punch.
That’s what I was thinking - everything I have in .45 has a 4-5 in barrel. Is there a need for .45 out of a short barrel? Are there any .45 snubbies?

That’s what I was thinking - everything I have in .45 has a 4-5 in barrel. Is there a need for .45 out of a short barrel? Are there any .45 snubbies?
Shield is the smallest one I have anyway. It shoots really well for a small gun. Full purchase with extended mags and recoil is no different really than the full size. And I shoot it very well.

Here is a gel test between .45 ACP HST and the .45ACP punch. I will stay with the HST myself.
after he admitted he needed to zero in his sights, my first thought was..

GET your gun ready before testing, otherwise, you don't know what you're doing.

i ain't no expert myself, but i'll be damned if i'm gonna do a video and look like an ass.

unless it's Paul Harrell or other "trusted" shooters, i'll discount this guys "real world testing".

Back