testtest

.45 acp Punch

I will try some Ranger T when I get around to it because @HansGruber says it's good shite. He wouldn't steer me wrong.
You should be familiar with Winchester Ranger T, it is the old Black Talon. Black Talon actually had IIRC 4 generations after removal from public consumption.
There is actually two Ranger series. There is the "B" series which is bonded bullet and no petals, think SXT. The Ranger T is the talon bullet but is also bonded to the jacket as well.
I do not believe it is in production anymore, everything I've been buying has been Law Enforcement trade in ammo. In fact I've bought hundreds of round from SGammo and every box has had a purchase/stock date wrote in black magic marker. Both SGammo and my local firearms store stated they took it in on trade. So basically in with the LEO Ranger T .45acp and out the door with something in 9mm.

I guess I should state that as far as my research the black coating that gave it the "black talon" name didn't make it into the next generations.

Gosh I just wish I could find it in 10mm😉
I do still have both 9mm and .45acp I bought before it was removed from public consumption. The price was $10 for the 9mm and $13 for the .45 acp. God I love the 1990's price🤣 both 25rd boxes.

You should be familiar with Winchester Ranger T, it is the old Black Talon. Black Talon actually had IIRC 4 generations after removal from public consumption.
There is actually two Ranger series. There is the "B" series which is bonded bullet and no petals, think SXT. The Ranger T is the talon bullet but is also bonded to the jacket as well.
I do not believe it is in production anymore, everything I've been buying has been Law Enforcement trade in ammo. In fact I've bought hundreds of round from SGammo and every box has had a purchase/stock date wrote in black magic marker. Both SGammo and my local firearms store stated they took it in on trade. So basically in with the LEO Ranger T .45acp and out the door with something in 9mm.

I guess I should state that as far as my research the black coating that gave it the "black talon" name didn't make it into the next generations.

I do still have both 9mm and .45acp I bought before it was removed from public consumption. The price was $10 for the 9mm and $13 for the .45 acp. God I love the 1990's price🤣 both 25rd boxes.
I'm familiar with it, I just haven't tried any in any of my handguns.

They made Black Talon in 10mm, but never in the Ranger Same eXact Talon or Ranger T lines, to the best of my knowledge.

The Winchester Defender/PDX1 lines use the same bullets as Ranger-T, iirc.

You know, when it comes to the Lehigh/Honey Badger/“cavitation” bullets…

If they were nearly as good as their manufacturer’s claim, pros would be using them.

They don’t. They use JHP’s.
For the most part I agree with you. My daily carry pistols have HST's in the mags. I think the jury is still out on Lehigh & other non expanding bullets. There may be evidence of actual shootings with these type bullets, just haven't seen it.

They made Black Talon in 10mm, but never in the Ranger Same eXact Talon or Ranger T lines, to the best of my knowledge.

The Winchester Defender/PDX1 lines use the same bullets as Ranger-T, iirc.
Correct they did have 10mm in the original lineup.
There's a difference in the bullet between them. The Ranger bonded, SXT, Defender/PDX1 line do not have the sharp petals that peel out into nice sharp pointy knives like the Talon line.

I bought a box of 45 punch and while HST and such gets all the press and acclaim. For most mere mortal scenarios they will probably do the job if the shooter does theirs.

I know these punches are super accurate in my M&P 45 compact 2.0 sound that’s all you can find your probably ok

Back