testtest

.45 ACP

If you try and keep it even close to the same dimensions, I doubt you’d get more than 8 rounds...and it would probably need to be a staggered mag, not a true doublestack.

Check out a Para Warthog some time...that’s one fat butt on that pistol.

You are spot on! I can easily, but don't anymore, carry a Glock 30 in the winter, but not in the Spring, Summer, or Fall without a major wardrobe change. Same is true with the double stack 1911s. It is now consigned to "console carry" as an extra gun when in a vehicle.

Now I really like my Hellcat and it carries easy even on really hot days. My wife is starting to like it more and more and I'm afraid I'm going to lose it to her. SA has done a great job on this gun.

Has there been any interest expressed for Springfield to make a .45ACP Hellcat? I would love to see a small frame double stack .45 optics ready.
I would be all for it and as you know it wouldn’t be 10rnds in the same dimensions. I’d be down with 8 in a slightly bigger package. Slightly bigger with the option of an extended mag for 10 for winter carry, ect. With what’s being designed with firearms I wouldn’t be surprised at what can be done.

You are spot on! I can easily, but don't anymore, carry a Glock 30 in the winter, but not in the Spring, Summer, or Fall without a major wardrobe change. Same is true with the double stack 1911s. It is now consigned to "console carry" as an extra gun when in a vehicle.

Now I really like my Hellcat and it carries easy even on really hot days. My wife is starting to like it more and more and I'm afraid I'm going to lose it to her. SA has done a great job on this gun.
I’ve had 2 Glock model 30’s that I swear we’re and to this day some of the most accurate pistols I have ever owned. Crazy accurate.

I would agree with that...had a couple myself.

I was also a fan of the Glock 36...

Full Agreement!

The Glock 30 replaced a cut down Detonics 1911 right after they came out. The Glock 36 replaced the Glock 30. A SA XDs replaced the Glock 36 when they came out. I still have the 36 and five magazines complete with night sights which now is hidden in my office. The XDs still gets carried off and on having been recently replaced by the Hellcat when it is hot and I'm in a T shirt. All of them are great guns.

Too many guns. :giggle:

Full Agreement!

The Glock 30 replaced a cut down Detonics 1911 right after they came out. The Glock 36 replaced the Glock 30. A SA XDs replaced the Glock 36 when they came out. I still have the 36 and five magazines complete with night sights which now is hidden in my office. The XDs still gets carried off and on having been recently replaced by the Hellcat when it is hot and I'm in a T shirt. All of them are great guns.

Too many guns. :giggle:
I've never actually been able to find a Hellcat around here where I live. Do you have the extended 13 round mag to go with it? I have big hands, do you think the extended mag would provide enough real estate to comfortably grip the Hellcat? I usually have issues with smaller gripped pistols. The Taurus G2C and G3C I've recently purchased are the first "subcompact" 9mm handguns that I've been able to get a comfortable grip but the Hellcat looks really small as far as the grip goes. Anyway, just curious, still looking for one around here where I live but all the local gun shops never have them, as soon as they get on in, they sell out. Thanks!

I've never actually been able to find a Hellcat around here where I live. Do you have the extended 13 round mag to go with it? I have big hands, do you think the extended mag would provide enough real estate to comfortably grip the Hellcat? I usually have issues with smaller gripped pistols. The Taurus G2C and G3C I've recently purchased are the first "subcompact" 9mm handguns that I've been able to get a comfortable grip but the Hellcat looks really small as far as the grip goes. Anyway, just curious, still looking for one around here where I live but all the local gun shops never have them, as soon as they get on in, they sell out. Thanks!

I'm not sure what to tell you about LGS not having product.
I don't have large hands so I may not be a good authority on your question.

I believe I have midsized hands. The flat magazine is smaller than I would like but I can use it. When I add the pinky extender it is perfect for me. I have three extended magazines and they would add additional grip purchase that I would imagine would accommodate even very large hands. On a personal opinion note, I'm not very happy with the extension magazines because they move around during rapid fire which distracts me, Others I know love the extended magazines.

Hickok 45, a You Tube gun reviewer, made a video on the Hellcat and he has large hands. He liked the gun, but opined that he would add Talon Grips to give him a better fit.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure what to tell you about LGS not having product.
I don't have large hands so I may not be a good authority on your question.

I believe I have midsized hands. The flat magazine is smaller than I would like but I can use it. When I add the pinky extender it is perfect for me. I have three extended magazines and they would add additional grip purchase that I would imagine would accommodate even very large hands. On a personal opinion note, I'm not very happy with the extension magazines because they move around during rapid fire which distracts me, Others I know love the extended magazines.

Hickok 45, a You Tube gun reviewer, made a video on the Hellcat and he has large hands. He liked the gun, but opined that he would add Talon Grips to give him a better fit.

Hope this helps.
It very much helps, thank you for the response. Hopefully someone will have one in stock soon around here..lol

I would be very interested in a .45 Hellcat. I love the feel of the .45 XDs Mod.2, and the only thing that keeps it from being my EDC is the limited capacity (5 rounds in the flush mag, 6 rounds in the extended). If Springfield could fit 8-9 rounds in Hellcat-sized pistol it might be my ideal EDC. I've tried to love the subcompact 45 XD Mod.2, but because I need the 13-round mag to get a full grip it is just as easy for me to carry the 4" XD Mod.2. I'm having much more luck finding 45 acp on store shelves than 9 mm, and would be more than willing to put some rounds through a 45 Hellcat.

I'm always interested in anything .45ACP, especially as it relates to the concealed carry market. So far, as far as .45s go, I haven't found anything better than my Shield 45 as far as CCW in .45ACP. I wish they could find a way to cram a couple more rounds into it, but 7+1 isn't too bad for a single stack .45

I'm always interested in anything .45ACP, especially as it relates to the concealed carry market. So far, as far as .45s go, I haven't found anything better than my Shield 45 as far as CCW in .45ACP. I wish they could find a way to cram a couple more rounds into it, but 7+1 isn't too bad for a single stack .45

I'm a big fan of my Shield .45 as well. Particularly for t-shirt weather. Real hard to beat.
Anytime I can wear a jacket or a flannel though I'm carrying the 4" XD Mod 2. 13+1.

I'm a big fan of my Shield .45 as well. Particularly for t-shirt weather. Real hard to beat.
Anytime I can wear a jacket or a flannel though I'm carrying the 4" XD Mod 2. 13+1.
That exact model Springfield is my home defense weapon. It's a tack driver at 10 yards. I have a Crimson Trace light on it and managed to find a holster that will fit it with the light. It's a great handgun. I love shooting 9mm, but I like to carry a .45 when I'm out and about. I'm trying to find a Smith and Wesson M&P compact 45 somewhere so I can see how it feels, reviews seem good and I think it would be small enough to conceal. It's a little longer than the shield and bit wider, but still looks like it would conceal pretty well. So many nice handguns to choose from nowadays....lol

Anyone have a Smith and Wesson M&P compact 45 2.0 they'd care to comment on?

That exact model Springfield is my home defense weapon. It's a tack driver at 10 yards. I have a Crimson Trace light on it and managed to find a holster that will fit it with the light. It's a great handgun. I love shooting 9mm, but I like to carry a .45 when I'm out and about. I'm trying to find a Smith and Wesson M&P compact 45 somewhere so I can see how it feels, reviews seem good and I think it would be small enough to conceal. It's a little longer than the shield and bit wider, but still looks like it would conceal pretty well. So many nice handguns to choose from nowadays....lol

Anyone have a Smith and Wesson M&P compact 45 2.0 they'd care to comment on?

It's a tack driver at 25 yards too brother. Very comfortable in the hand and very accurate straight out of the box.

Back