Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Modern

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Electric

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love my 1990 Ford Bronco
F03036DF-6BB8-470C-BC3F-401EFD3EE1DE.jpeg

I once rode down an 400ft sand dune at what felt like a 45° incline in the UAE in a Nissan Patrol. The Major who was driving assured me it was safe. Kind of had a soft spot for the Patrol since.
My Armada is the Americanized version of the Patrol. Biggest difference I have found, my tailgate swings up where a patrol swings out sideways. I really like this thing.

The 2015 Nissan Murano (AWD) I have does better in snow than my 2018 F150 4-dr 4x4. Come February I'll be using the Murano as a trade in on a 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2.3L, 4-dr, as my daily driver. Nope, not a 4-wheeler/off-roader. I have them for when the weather gets crappy. If it's too crappy/slick/icy outside, I just stay home. :)

I still got my $100 deposit on a Bronco build from last year. So far I've seen the sport but no full frame ones. I ain't committing to $h!t until I can see one and play with the buttons and turn the knobs. I'm just that way.
My dealership salesman is a good friend, he tells me the new Bronco’s are incredible machines.

Ive heard bad things already on some message boards, unpainted surfaces, poor fit n finish, parts breaking under normal conditions. Like you, I'm really liking its potential, if it lives up to the hype.
The only problems I've heard/read about were with the Bronco Sports (the small one). They're made in Mexico. The full-size ones are made in Detroit.

I still got my $100 deposit on a Bronco build from last year. So far I've seen the sport but no full frame ones. I ain't committing to $h!t until I can see one and play with the buttons and turn the knobs. I'm just that way.
I test drove a 4-dr Big Bend model a couple of weeks ago. It was one of two "mannequins" the local dealership has for demo purposes. I put a deposit down to hold it. Come February they can "release" it from mannequin purposes. No way I'd have the patience to wait 1-2 yrs.

I test drove a 4-dr Big Bend model a couple of weeks ago. It was one of two "mannequins" the local dealership has for demo purposes. I put a deposit down to hold it. Come February they can "release" it from mannequin purposes. No way I'd have the patience to wait 1-2 yrs.
I'm at the point, I'm gonna request my deposit back. So far, it's a select few that have held up to regular use and less that survived rugged use. Might just go buy an older power wagon and f>x what needs fixin. At least i know I can make that live a long life.

Have had a few, 1st was a 1947 Willys Jeep CJ2A. Last was a 2017 Ram 3500. They're all good, auto's, manuals, dash knob or floor shift as long as they work. When they don't, rather have a manual. They all have some sort of drawback or advantage when working right. Auto / electric 4x4's can be finicky.

We had a 1992 Toyota pickup (about the same size as a Tacoma, but before the Tacoma came out) and a 1997 Toyota 4Runner. The pickup had manual locking hubs and the 4Runner automatic locking. The entire time we had them, neither of them failed to go into four wheel drive, ever. We also had a GMC Sierra, and the four wheel drive was broken about 2/3's of the time. My 1995 Ford F150 has manual locking hubs, but I have had to replace the transfer case shift mechanism. From my limited experience, the "vintage" Toyotas win hands down.

Back