testtest

5.56 vs. 300 BLK: Which Do You Need?

I've never felt safe with 5.56. always felt it was too anemic at distances especially with our M4
Just curious as to the way you speak of 5.56. Are you speaking from experience in an actual engagement as to the 5.56 M4 being too anemic or is this just assumption?

There's plenty of people out there that parrot what they hear online as to the effectiveness of pretty much every common caliber that haven't actually tested these claims.

This is not a jab at you as this is more common than not and I can somewhat understand why someone would make that claim without the experience behind it.

Just curious as to the way you speak of 5.56. Are you speaking from experience in an actual engagement as to the 5.56 M4 being too anemic or is this just assumption?

There's plenty of people out there that parrot what they hear online as to the effectiveness of pretty much every common caliber that haven't actually tested these claims.

This is not a jab at you as this is more common than not and I can somewhat understand why someone would make that claim without the experience behind it.

People I know who have been there and done that, mainly with the pointy end, have no problems with 5.56; think it works great.

In fact, several of them hated being saddled the the 7.62 SCARS…that they were a lot of extra weight for nothing.

Let's be realistic. 300 yards really is the benchmark for military engagement with grunt rifles. That's what they zero their ACOGs at. In reality 90% of engagements are much closer than that. 400 yards is certainly inside the max effective range though. I know enough vets who saw combat in Iraq and Afghanistan in the last 20 years to fill my house up with them and none of them think 5.56 is anemic. If you're looking for max effective ranges longer than that 300BLK is NOT the answer.

Not that I have a lot of experience with .300 BLK, but other than a suppressed SBR I see little point.

Hey that's fine.... not gonna start one of those what's better wars!! :ROFLMAO:
I'd rather sweep through the house at two in the morning with the 300 BO
loaded with a 240gr nice slow and heavy bullet. It's one of those times I prefer
a RAM to a Ferrari......(y)
Indoors, suppressed, definitely. I too prefer a Ram to a Ferrari. Short barreled 12 gauge or 18 rounds of 9mm.

I have more 5.56s and generally it's what I prefer but not always. I have two specific uses for 300BLK, a truck gun, the other is hog hunting.

Reason I choose 300BLK over 5.56 for a truck gun is because the probability that I will have time to put on ear muffs or insert plugs won't exist when sh!t hits the fan and it has considerable less ear ringing blast.

For pig hunting yes the 5.56/.223 will kill but the 300BLK puts them down harder and faster.

Back