testtest

5 Unconventional Calibers For Concealed Carry

We're past the point of wondering if certain pistol rounds are going away. They're not going away.

The questions:

who is the blogger?
It's many people on youtube, and in the google, who are ranting, and ranting and ranting.

What .40 do I have?
1.0v M&P .40 Full size

So have you put any effort into figuring out why your M&P .40 jams? Or are you just assuming it has something to do with the caliber. Because it doesn't. I have an M&P Performance Center Shield in .40 and I have put a couple thousand rounds through it and it has never jammed even once. The reason yours jams is almost certainly ammo related, magazine related or user related. I seriously doubt changing the barrel is going to eliminate your problem.

That’s weird about the M&P jamming, my cheaper SD40VE feeds and eats everything, not one bobble, maybe it’s the magazine???

Interesting article on 5 unconventional calibers for concealed carry, I did carry the .44 special for awhile in my Charter Arms Bulldog

I see the 44 magnum on this list.I feel it only fair then.To include the 3.5 rocket launcher and the ever popular 81MM mortar.

I see the 44 magnum on this list.I feel it only fair then.To include the 3.5 rocket launcher and the ever popular 81MM mortar.
It would really come down to the loading.

The Remington 180gr SJHP would be perfect, as would the 210gr Winchester Silvertip; both were relatively mild magnum loads that wouldn’t punish the shooter, and the bullets could be relied on to expand rapidly, controlling (over)penetration.

I CC’d my 6” Colt Anaconda once just to prove a point…it was loaded with the Remington SJHP’s.

It would really come down to the loading.

The Remington 180gr SJHP would be perfect, as would the 210gr Winchester Silvertip; both were relatively mild magnum loads that wouldn’t punish the shooter, and the bullets could be relied on to expand rapidly, controlling (over)penetration.

I CC’d my 6” Colt Anaconda once just to prove a point…it was loaded with the Remington SJHP’s.
I used to use the SJHP’s all the time in my .357 magnums, great bullet and ammo

This post got me to sign. I hate bloggers. They're write like they're pretending to be having a conversation. So cringe. Anyway. I bought a 40 cal pistol, and it was the only thing on the shelf at time. Years later I started hating it, and recently I finally gave in, and looked into the .357 SIG. The fireball that comes out of the blast, is totally mutual. Some people love that. One thing the blogger totally missed on, is the cartridge's rifle round, necked down profile. Supposedly, it makes feeding %100.001 reliable. My .40 jams here and there, and for 150$ i have ordered a .357 sig barrel to give a try out. If it's more reliable then I'm going with it. Ironically the 357 SIG maintains the cool sounding elegance of the of .40 S&W.
Actually, the article was most likely written by a free lance writer for the gun digest website, or by a staffed writer. The writer is given a subject to research and compose the article. Generally they have a certain style and word count imposed, and are generally overseen by an editor. Done this myself and it usually has accountability, and there is renumeratiom for the work.

A blog is usually a website written most often by a single individual or a small group. It is normally in a log, or conversation type daily, or regular entry. Usually there is little to no oversight and monies made are paid by advertising on the site.

Last edited:
This post got me to sign. I hate bloggers. They're write like they're pretending to be having a conversation. So cringe. Anyway. I bought a 40 cal pistol, and it was the only thing on the shelf at time. Years later I started hating it, and recently I finally gave in, and looked into the .357 SIG. The fireball that comes out of the blast, is totally mutual. Some people love that. One thing the blogger totally missed on, is the cartridge's rifle round, necked down profile. Supposedly, it makes feeding %100.001 reliable. My .40 jams here and there, and for 150$ i have ordered a .357 sig barrel to give a try out. If it's more reliable then I'm going with it. Ironically the 357 SIG maintains the cool sounding elegance of the of .40 S&W.
I love the 40. I trust a 40 S&W built by S&W about as much as I trust an escaped mental patient in a dark alley. All of the 40s I own are Springfields. Those I trust.

When 2 of the calibers are the same (9mak and 357sig), shouldn't the heading be "5 Unconvertional Cartridges for Concealed Carry"? Does Patrick not know the difference between a "cartridge" and a "caliber"? I would carry the 357sig in P226 (I have 1) has been a good firearm! My G31 has less noticeable recoil, but the P226 runs better.

When 2 of the calibers are the same (9mak and 357sig), shouldn't the heading be "5 Unconvertional Cartridges for Concealed Carry"? Does Patrick not know the difference between a "cartridge" and a "caliber"? I would carry the 357sig in P226 (I have 1) has been a good firearm! My G31 has less noticeable recoil, but the P226 runs better.
9x18 is 0.365, 357 sig is 0.355, they aren't the same

The 9mm Makarov cartridge was specifically designed with a larger bullet so thier ammunition could not be used by Nato forces.

9x18 is 0.365, 357 sig is 0.355, they aren't the same
A 44cal bullet is anywhere between .429 and .431 and yet still not .440! Both 9mak and 357sig (noted it's not actually .357) are still labeled as 9mm. If the 357sig was .357 it could be labeled as a 38cal. Take note the 38spl and the 357mag are both used in the 357mag revolvers.

The 9mm Makarov cartridge was specifically designed with a larger bullet so thier ammunition could not be used by Nato forces.
The entire cartridge is different…and it works the other way, as well; you cannot use 9x19 in a 9mm Mak.

It wasn’t so that NATO couldn’t use the ammo—it’s just the Russians being the Russians. No different than Russian 7.62/.30 is .311 diameter, where western 7.62 is .308.

Back