testtest

How to Mount the HEX Wasp Red Dot

I like the suggestion to mark the screws in their tightened position. Had I done so I wouldn't have lost one already!
:oops:
I also put two tiny squares of regular masking tape over the light sensor port. It seemed like my astigmatism was blooming up the dot in both bright daylight and in darkened rooms, so I sort of 'adjusted ' it via the tape. So far, it works well. To go even dimmer, add another square...

Last edited:
I like the suggestion to mark the screws in their tightened position. Had I done so I wouldn't have lost one already!
:oops:
I also put two tiny squares of regular masking tape over the light sensor port. It seemed like my astigmatism was blooming up the dot in both bright daylight and in darkened rooms, so I sort of 'adjusted ' it via the tape. So far, it works well. To go even dimmer, add another square...
Paint was a good tip, never would have thought of doing that

Here's a link to a post I made awhile back that mentions another real benefit of making tiny white witness marks once you've installed a sight. Mine are very much like the ones shown in the video .... mabey not quite as big, but stands out just as well. Several ways to do them. Easiest is to use a wooden toothpick, dip it onto some model paint, and just a dab will do. Make sure to mark both a spot on the screw head and the mount itself.

What happens when the mounting screws for the Hex wasp included in the Hellcat with OSP and wasp do not work? They are either short, not thick enough or both. I'm not talking about the 2 screws that are mounting the plate. Those I know are too short. Talking about 6#-32 screws.

What happens when the mounting screws for the Hex wasp included in the Hellcat with OSP and wasp do not work? They are either short, not thick enough or both. I'm not talking about the 2 screws that are mounting the plate. Those I know are too short. Talking about 6#-32 screws.
According to the manual or a parts list I read the screws for the Hex wasp to mount to the Hellcat are metric-
#4 X 0.7mm (threads) about 7.5 mm long. If you need some the best way to get the right ones is to email Mike at SA customer service. I lost one and he graciously sent me a new set. I think they are custom, I found some generic #4 X 0.7mm that were 8mm long, these might foul your striker or ejector spring...
Best to call Springfield.
Good luck to you.

According to the manual or a parts list I read the screws for the Hex wasp to mount to the Hellcat are metric-
#4 X 0.7mm (threads) about 7.5 mm long. If you need some the best way to get the right ones is to email Mike at SA customer service. I lost one and he graciously sent me a new set. I think they are custom, I found some generic #4 X 0.7mm that were 8mm long, these might foul your striker or ejector spring...
Best to call Springfield.
Good luck to you.
Thank you for the reply. I emailed SA awaiting a response.

It is best to borrow a fat screwdriver torque wrench and tighten them to 15 in. lbs. I didn't so the first attempt came loose on me and I lost one. I don't have the torque wrench so a local 'smith did it for me, then I marked them. If they were to loosen I would know it before it lost its zero or a screw fell out. So far the 15 in. lbs seems to hold fine.

I got the replacement screws in the mail today. They fit perfectly. They were a bit thicker and longer. Don't know why the right ones did not come with the complete set.

Glad to hear it! Watch them for loosening up under fire. Mine did.
By using blue thread locker on screw threads, torquing screws to 15inch pounds and then letting gun set for 24 hours, the screws loosened up? I still check them periodically, no issues here.

By using blue thread locker on screw threads, torquing screws to 15inch pounds and then letting gun set for 24 hours, the screws loosened up? I still check them periodically, no issues here.
No- by FAILING to torque them to 15 in lbs. The silly little wrench that came with the gun didn't work very well (for me).
You do want to mark them as people described above.
Good luck!

No- by FAILING to torque them to 15 in lbs. The silly little wrench that came with the gun didn't work very well (for me).
You do want to mark them as people described above.
Good luck!
(y)(y)
Home Depot has an inch pound screw driver style torque wrench that works pretty well instead of that wrench.

Back