testtest

911 .380 reassembly issue

EBJIII

Operator
I took my 911 to the range yesterday and at some point the small “lever” left of the hammer will no longer move up far enough to allow a magazine to fully seat. Haven’t found anything on YouTube that addresses. I’ll take to a gunsmith if needed, hoping to get some guidance here first.

Thanks

Attachments

• B88D5477-D4E8-4F6A-A62F-02146D7DC0F8.jpeg
    B88D5477-D4E8-4F6A-A62F-02146D7DC0F8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
Can’t see from the pic, but I wonder if the slide spring is still in there. These are known on Sig to pop out. Any recent field strip? Check Mag release button or mag bottom plate/bumper for deformity or obstruction.
Look up info for the Sig 938 and Kimber, both similarly styled to the SA 911 maybe that will get you some ideas.

Can’t see from the pic, but I wonder if the slide spring is still in there. These are known on Sig to pop out. Any recent field strip? Check Mag release button or mag bottom plate/bumper for deformity or obstruction.
Look up info for the Sig 938 and Kimber, both similarly styled to the SA 911 maybe that will get you some ideas.
It functioned perfectly at the range. It wasn’t until I got home and took it down to clean that the part quit moving up. I’ve tried applying gentle upward pressure on it but it won’t budge. It will move downward.

I forget what that part is called, but basically, you pushed it down too far when you went to reassemble. It’s a PITA to fix. Essentially, there are a couple flat springs in the grip that you need to get to and reposition that piece to get it stay up. This happened to me with a Kimber Micro 9 a couple years ago. I’ll see if I can find a video on it. That’s how I was able to get it back the way it was.

That part is the ejector. I’m having a hard time finding the video that helped me with it. It was several years ago and I no longer have the Micro 9. But I do have the Springfield 911 in .380. And believe me, I’ve been VERY careful about pushing that down too far. You really only want to barely push it down far enough to clear the slide and no further. I’m sure Springfield would fix it quick. There’s a way to do it, but it’s a pain. Maybe XDman has a video on it. Hopefully, he’ll chirp in.

I have tried but haven't quite figured it out. I am pressing the spring backwards, but not getting enough movement/space to allow the ejector to return to it's proper position. I won't give up just yet, will try again shortly.
Yeah, like I said earlier, it's fairly simple, but a major PITA. Took me a while of finagling. I don't have the Kimber Micro 9 anymore that this happened with, but I do have a SA 911 in .380 and I'll never make the mistake of pushing that ejector down too far again...

Well, a new issue has developed. I have emailed Springfield for instructions on how to send in for repairs.

The new issue is that most of the time the hammer follows the slide forward, meaning it does not stay open and cocked. It will also not let me manually cock it. I think it's time a real professional takes a look.

Back