testtest

9mm ammo

I had both the steel and the brass in Blazers the other day and obviously the steel was lighter in weight but those ran fine. I won’t. Shoot the Russian ammo any more. Just really dirty stuff. They where okay but you certainly need to clean afterwards

I have never encountered an issue with the Russian stuff. However, I'm getting out of it for my Mini 30, though, and won't run it in my new 911-9 as the bullets are Bi-Metal clad and will eventually create some barrel wear.
Which brings me to the next issue. Bought a few boxes of what was supposed to be Federal 9mm FMJ but turned out to be something called "Hotshot Elite" mfg'd in Slovak Republic. Everything I can find on it says it's safe, reliable, etc but it looks like the bullet may be Brass jacketed. In that Brass is a lot harder than Copper I'm not sure about running it in the new gun. Anybody know anything about this stuff?

What is the opinion of this type of ammo...
“standard military FMJ (full metal jacket), it has a polymer coating to ensure smooth feeding and extraction“
I’m a new gun owner and I’m worried about feeding anything but brass casings through my XDS mod2. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
I have owned my xd mod.2 for a couple of years I shoot through a box or 2 every weekend I have had zero issues with the exception of promags dont seem to like steal cased ammo. But the factory mags will do just fine.

No issues with Tula. It fired nicely and they’re definitely not the dirtiest of rounds I’ve fired either. I’d have said they were uneventful but the shells do seem to eject further than most which is fun.

I’d only run steel if it was all I could get or if brass was consistently and significantly more expensive.

I have only shot brass cases and prefer brass but these days you have to get what you can. Ammo is in very short supply in my area.

What is the opinion of this type of ammo...
“standard military FMJ (full metal jacket), it has a polymer coating to ensure smooth feeding and extraction“
I’m a new gun owner and I’m worried about feeding anything but brass casings through my XDS mod2. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Sounds like Russian ammo. OK to try to see how it works in your handgun. Some may eat it fine & others may not.

But for practice it may be OK even with occasional feeding hang-ups. That's my experience with Russian handgun ammo.

I think some of the Russian ammo stinks because they get saltpeter from livestock farms & the public sewage system.

Last edited:
Back