testtest

9mm vs .45 ACP [Debate Finally Settled]

I'm really glad to know this has finally been settled !!!! 'Cause I much prefer the 9mm to the 45 for my use. I'm a small framed man, about 160 lbs soaking wet, with relatively small hands, and the smaller framed hand guns work much better for me. Not to mention how many more rounds I can typically pack. My Hellcat was a perfect fit for me and added 50% more fire power in virtually the same size package than my earlier PF9. Just an aside, but I never felt competent with the 1911, even thought I actually loved the reputation and allure of it.

And now here's just a little something else to add to the discussion topic, although I cannot absolutely swear to it's authenticity.

..... There's an old story that has circulated about Gunny Carlos Hathcock (White feather) being one of the all-round best, most effective snipers of the 20th century. He was also known as one of the most intelligent and quickest thinkers.

The story goes that he was returning to base camp and walked up on what appeared to be several VC lolly-gagging along a path. With no way of knowing the actual number of VC, he had to make a quick decision. The bush was pretty heavy and they were about 20-30 yards ahead of him and had not seen him yet.

Knowing they would eventually notice him, and knowing he was at a real disadvantage with his rifle, he chose to throw it away and pull his 45 cal issue side arm. The battle was short lived and he returned to answer up for his actions.

When asked why he chose to throw away his rifle and opt for the 45, he answered simply ......"firepower"! I would/could probably have only gotten off a couple aimed rounds with the long gun under those circumstances, but with the 45 I was throwing lead the whole time I was in sight of them.

Now, I never did hear whether he had 7 or 8 rounds in that 45, but he obviously felt that the total number of rounds available in a short time was far more valuable than a 'sharp shooting' rifle even considering the hand gun caliber.

I personally think that holds true in almost any case of a hectic gunfight. 'Firepower' is far more beneficial than a precision shooter, even if a smaller caliber. ................... YMMV !!!

Last edited:
Back