testtest

9mm vs 45ACP: The Ultimate Caliber Conundrum

Such a difference in pros and cons between 9mm and .45 if i have to pick between the two i would go with 9mm.

Throw more options on the table and ill pick the .357 sig every time. For me the only downfall of the .357 sig is price. It checks all my boxes in everything else on my personal pro list.

Being someone who has witnessed a shooting; and knowing the body reacts violently to anything creating it’s own orifice. A well placed shot from anything could result in a toe tag. My advice would be to practice a lot, and carry a round that has good ballistics in a caliber of .380ACP and above.

Oh’ sorry, forgot to answer the question. .45ACP for out right power of punch, 9mm for ease of carry. I know both will do the job if I do mine, so I carry both from time to time. If I had to choose only one it would be the .45ACP any day. IMO, the .45 is what every other round aspires to be at a minimum. Starting with a .45 hole the rest is gravy. 👍

Last edited:
Well Sorry I may be older but I’m not weak and I do much better shooting a large caliber. Now I no longer own a 9mm but my 40, 45, and 10mm have become my favorite rounds to shoot and I do very well with my two 45 caliber handguns. 10mm is a work in progress but I’ll get there.
Apologies. I was having a bit of fun, there; no disrespect meant.

.41 is pretty much the king of the lower .40 cals, though.

Apologies. I was having a bit of fun, there; no disrespect meant.

.41 is pretty much the king of the lower .40 cals, though.
And no apology necessary I didn’t take it personally and felt no disrespect Hans and was just about to add that to my post. Although I shoot my two 45’s very well and getting better with my new compact 10mm my 40 Mod2 sub compact is still my EDC 80% of the time.

Let me add what many have mentioned, no matter what you carry the right gun/caliber is what your proficient with.

There is so much animosity between the .45 ACP and 9mm crowds. I would like to propose a compromise. With all of the affordable micro-9's on the market today, there's no reason not to carry both calibers. We could all just carry a .45 in on our waists, and a micro-9 in the back pocket. These types of solutions are how I justify buying so many guns. It works for many other calibers too.

There is so much animosity between the .45 ACP and 9mm crowds. I would like to propose a compromise. With all of the affordable micro-9's on the market today, there's no reason not to carry both calibers. We could all just carry a .45 in on our waists, and a micro-9 in the back pocket. These types of solutions are how I justify buying so many guns. It works for many other calibers too.
Animosity over a handgun preference is beyond ridiculous. The arguments must have gotten ugly and fighting words hurled around or something. I like both calibers and the .40 S&W also. They all have their strengths and arguments could be made in favor of any of them. Other guys will rely on their .380 or 9X18. Who really cares what the other guy shoots? It's interesting to discuss but there is no reason to actually have high blood pressure over such a topic.
That's a silly internet thing.

.45 for large animals, Bigfoot and Cousin Eddy type lurches.
9mm for all those 6’5” and under we have to take down.

.45 for large animals, Bigfoot and Cousin Eddy type lurches.
9mm for all those 6’5” and under we have to take down.
I would bring a .308 semi-auto with a 30 round magazine after old Harry Henderson, but, yeah.
Figure two in the chest with the .45, 3 or 4 with the 9mm, then watch for the result to see if a couple more might be needed. Nines have the capacity to make up any real deficit in damage done. I wouldn't care to catch one myself.
A few .25ACPs into the sinus area of the face will stop anyone. Except Harry or a grizzer b'ar.

Back