testtest

9th Circuit overturns CA LCM ban

Well you'd need one of the Federal District courts (map included in wiki link below), to eventually uphold/overrule an earlier court's decision like the 9th district did. But it could take awhile to eventually get there like the California ruling is currently undertaking.

Oh I know there is a lot involved in what would have to be done. One of many things that makes you a felon in NY is having hollow points. Each one is a felony charge. I was just saying if these other states could follow suite, no matter what it took that would be great.

Oh I know there is a lot involved in what would have to be done. One of many things that makes you a felon in NY is having hollow points. Each one is a felony charge. I was just saying if these other states could follow suite, no matter what it took that would be great.
Agreed BangBang, having family that lives in NY and myself growing up in NJ before moving to Pa. in my early to mid 20's, I know how restrictive those States are. I still have friends in NJ (where I use to work and then retired from, so I traveled everyday into NJ), that are envious on the 2A freedom that I enjoy in Pa. Hollow points are legal in NJ, but only in your home and in it's purchased box separate from firearm if taking to the range (I read one case where someone that had them loose on their floor mat, was arrested for possession of unlawful ammunition). My NJ friend just had me keep his here in Pa. when he was allowed to carry with his Utah CCP. Unfortunately, you now must be a resident of Utah for Pa. to recognize that permit.

From NSSF Bullet Points email I received. Cal. AG is asking for a rehearing en banc (entire 9th Circuit review) to review this ban and subsequent ruling by the 9th Circuit 3 judge panel decision. If granted, the new decision may come down to on how the entire court make up now stands after several Trump judge appointments. Hopefully it won't be granted, but even if it is, this is likely to end up at the SCOTUS (if they decide to hear this one :rolleyes:). Good luck California Gun Owners (court filing linked with in bullet point below).

CALIFORNIA AG FILES FOR REVIEW OF MAGAZINE BAN CASE … California’s Attorney General Xavier Becerra filed a petition for rehearing en banc, or a full court review, of Duncan v. Becerra, the challenge to California’s ban on standard-size magazines as unconstitutional. If an en banc review is granted, NSSF will again file an amicus brief in support of the plaintiffs, as we did before when the case was argued before the three-judge panel.​

Back