testtest

A day in the life of an EDC knife.

Yesterday was a busy day for my EDC. Lots of use and excitement, yet still no ninjas to fight.

Started out opening a magnet tool holder for the shed.

View attachment 42289

Then it moved on to open up
box of shovel wall holders. View attachment 42290

Then it got to open up the individual packages

View attachment 42293

Then it opened up a spring loaded door closer for a door on the snowglobe

View attachment 42292

Afterwards I gave it a good cleaning with canned air and Tuff Glide and let it rest after such a hectic day.
Surely you touched it up on a ceramic rod.

Surely you touched it up on a ceramic rod.
Spyderco Sharpmaker ceramic rods in fact. Forgot to mention this, nice catch.

20230805_160351.jpg

My knife today was a Benchmade Casbah. It didn't see the action your UTX85 did, but I did strip some wires, open a couple boxes and cut the nozzle off a tube of caulk.
Ah the exciting life of the EDC knife. Where would we be without them...

Ah the exciting life of the EDC knife. Where would we be without them...

At work I am really, REALLY tough on knives. As such I don't use good knives at work. I have a rotation of Bokers and S&Ws that generally fill that purpose. I recently bought a $27 S&W drop point flipper, which I had to completely disassemble and re-assemble correctly. While I had it apart I put a dab of the ol blueberry Loc-tite on all the screws. It doesn't hold an edge that great, but it does sharpen up nice and easy with a stone. I've had it a few months now and it's been the best crappy little beater knife I've had in a long time.

As far as the BMs and MTs I have hit some of them a little with the ceramic rod, but I won't sharpen them. I'll send them back to the mother ship if/when the time comes.

Well, it’s like yesterday when I used a beater knife to open sacks of concrete. Yeah the MT would do it but that’s one of the fastest ways I know to dull a knife blade.
Today am opening several boxes and then cutting them apart to make bottoms for the reusable grocery bags my wife has bought. Switched out the EDC to this Boker locking blade trapper for the reasons you mention.

Another completely mundane day in the life of the EDC carry knife, at least mine. No ninjas in sight.

20240420_142135.jpg

Bags of grass seed and mulch today, boy doni know how to party or what lol.

And yes I can see I am going to have to re-level the bird bath, not sure yet why.

View attachment 56355
I removed and reinstalled a door then did a lot of yardwork today myself. Besides the winter creeper I detailed in the other thread, the next worst thing was my wife's new flower bed next door. Probably a 20 x 12 semi-circle. Not having a tiller and it being in it's current condition, a regular grass yard, I had to turn it all over with a round point. Then break it all up and remove the grass clumps and mix in about 12 giant bags of potting soil. The job of opening all those bags fell to my UTX85. Sadly no pictures.

I removed and reinstalled a door then did a lot of yardwork today myself. Besides the winter creeper I detailed in the other thread, the next worst thing was my wife's new flower bed next door. Probably a 20 x 12 semi-circle. Not having a tiller and it being in it's current condition, a regular grass yard, I had to turn it all over with a round point. Then break it all up and remove the grass clumps and mix in about 12 giant bags of potting soil. The job of opening all those bags fell to my UTX85. Sadly no pictures.
Very sweet blade

Back