testtest

A hard day for me.

So sorry for your loss. They brighten our lives so much and are gone too soon. Cherish the memories.

Attachments

• 175828198_1430436053955674_4765753963109978872_n.jpg
    175828198_1430436053955674_4765753963109978872_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 65
I apologize for double post but could not edit my original.

So sorry for your loss. We had to put down our “Pudge” back in April. She lived a long and happy life (15 years). She had deteriorated to the point where she could not hold herself up without falling.
It was so tough because she still had happy dog spunk and would get so excited when we arrived back home. We have another puppy now but I don’t think I will ever get over having to put her down. I know it was the right thing to do but that does not erase the sadness and heartbreak we feel every single day when we look at that front door and don’t see her laying in her favorite spot.
Stay strong and remember the good times.
5C4E055A-9E2C-40E6-85A5-C2BA5B05A016.jpeg

i too know that feeling all too well.

i absolutely did not want to "play God" and make that decision, but it had to be done, and i had to do that twice in my life.

it's a feeling, that after reading your post, conjured up those days in my life.

sympathies to you and the family

After a month-long illness, my buddy Axel lost his battle today to cancer. His condition had deteriorated and had greatly diminished his quality of life. I felt compelled to make the agonizing decision to put him down. Instead of taking him to the vet which would have been difficult because he could no longer jump up into the car, and not wanting to traumatize him by forcing the issue I called a mobile vet. Please know that he passed peacefully in my arms with dignity in his own home that he had happily known for almost 11 years. All of the neighbors loved him, and he made friends every place he went. He will live on in my memory and in my heart forever.

View attachment 30958
Take comfort in that you were with him, as hard as it was . Sorry you had to do that. My condolences.

After a month-long illness, my buddy Axel lost his battle today to cancer. His condition had deteriorated and had greatly diminished his quality of life. I felt compelled to make the agonizing decision to put him down. Instead of taking him to the vet which would have been difficult because he could no longer jump up into the car, and not wanting to traumatize him by forcing the issue I called a mobile vet. Please know that he passed peacefully in my arms with dignity in his own home that he had happily known for almost 11 years. All of the neighbors loved him, and he made friends every place he went. He will live on in my memory and in my heart forever.

View attachment 30958
Sorry for your loss of a beautiful friend. Cherish your memories

The sadness will lessen over time, but good memories will be around for quite awhile.

Never say never on finding a new best friend. When the time is right, the feeling or sometimes the real thing will just kind of pop into existence whether your were looking for it or not.

</fortune cookie off>

Guys, I want to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone who responded to my post. All of your comments were wonderful with many fine words of wisdom. Your support has helped me get through a couple of tough days. In closing, I want to share this poem by Kipling that I think to which most of you can relate. Again, thanks for the kind words.
Recusant
1663901998842.png

Guys, I want to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone who responded to my post. All of your comments were wonderful with many fine words of wisdom. Your support has helped me get through a couple of tough days. In closing, I want to share this poem by Kipling that I think to which most of you can relate. Again, thanks for the kind words.
Recusant
View attachment 31018
Lost my first dog at 12 yrs old… 15 yr old Gordon Setter. He was my best bud as a child till he he passed. Lost 3 more since. I feel for you.
God speed your best bud.
They are mans best friend

May you find another best bud
4C563289-830F-43F0-BAB3-92638CEFD23B.jpeg

Recusant
View attachment 31018
Love the poem my man

There is a book a friend of mine in New Orleans sent me when my best friend Raleigh died a few years ago. It's called James Herriot's Dog Stories. It definitely made me feel better and I have passed that book along to a couple of my friends when they had to go through it themselves.

Back