testtest

A note for yall

OkiePewPew

Staff member
Hey everyone! With the influx of new members and returning old hats I thought I’d take a moment to introduce the Moderators. Mods are your go to source if you have questions, comments, requests, or complaints about the Forum. If you contact us please be aware that we will likely include the other Mods into the conversation as three heads are better than one. 9351AC83-89F8-41A9-94B6-BA7886B882ED.jpeg

Hey everyone! With the influx of new members and returning old hats I thought I’d take a moment to introduce the Moderators. Mods are your go to source if you have questions, comments, requests, or complaints about the Forum. If you contact us please be aware that we will likely include the other Mods into the conversation as three heads are better than one. View attachment 16090
Thanks, but I only trust KL and XD, anyone from Okie gets voided by us Texans 😉
Edit: yall is actually spelled: ya’ll

more than one is: all ya’ll 😆

Actually, it is y’all.... not ya’ll.

(I think?)
It may depend? Is usually used as plural not singular. Have seen used both ways though. Have also seen many variations like: Yule, you'all, y'all, ya'll and yawl. Likely not "yawl", that's a two masted boat or "yule" that typically means time or season for an event or festival. May depend on geographic location too? Deeper south, more drawl - minus the transplants? :) Regardless, meaning and intent is most important.
But? If local cop or mom says "y'all, y'all" you're likely in for it? :)

Thanks, but I only trust KL and XD, anyone from Okie gets voided by us Texans 😉
Edit: yall is actually spelled: ya’ll

more than one is: all ya’ll 😆
As a Native Texan currently roosting in Oklahoma, my kids ask me all the time where did I come up with these words. I should refer them to the Jeff Foxworthy video on Texas language (e.g., Jeetyet? Yuntoo?).

A’ight y’all let’s get this straight cause every Okie knows ain’t no Texan knows enough grammar to pass the 8th grade.
Y’all is a contraction of “you” and “all”. The apostrophe replaces the missing letters. Because the missing letters are ‘ou’ the apostrophe goes between the ‘y’ and ‘all’.
See- can’t, shouldn’t, won’t (would not, not will not).

But y’all shouldn’t hold it against Texans, they’dn’t’ve had this problem if they’dn’t think they were a separate country and not had high schools for the first 80 years of their statehood.
😁

Last edited:
A’ight y’all let’s get this straight cause ain’t no Texan knows enough grammar to pass the 8th grade.
Y’all is a contraction of “you” and “all”. The apostrophe replaces the missing letters. Because the missing letters are ‘ou’ the apostrophe goes between the ‘y’ and ‘all’.
See- can’t, shouldn’t, won’t (would not, not will not).

But y’all shouldn’t hold it against Texans, they’dn’t’ve had this problem if they’dn’t think they were a separate country and not had high schools for the first 80 years of their statehood.
😁
Okay where’s my Texas brothers at to help set this brother straight?

Just an FYI this is all jokes so don’t go to hard on the poor fella as he doesn’t know any better.

I'm yep guilty as charged..

Actually for Oklahoma I thought it was you'n's.
All my relatives from Oklahoma used you'n's and the relatives from Tennessee used ya'll
We used both. I don’t even know if you’n’s is a contraction of actual words. Haven’t heard it since I was a kid though. Almost always directed towards kids or people the adults didn’t like unless we were out in the country where it was used tons.

The Okie is exactly right in this when he says: Y’all is a contraction of “you” and “all”. The apostrophe replaces the missing letters. Because the missing letters are ‘ou’ the apostrophe goes between the ‘y’ and ‘all’. (y)(y)(y) ............ bless his heart! ;):D:D

The Okie is exactly right in this when he says: Y’all is a contraction of “you” and “all”. The apostrophe replaces the missing letters. Because the missing letters are ‘ou’ the apostrophe goes between the ‘y’ and ‘all’. (y)(y)(y) ............ bless his heart! ;):D:D
Around here we say " Yuins". The ui is pronounced like the the oo in the word book.

Back