testtest

A note for yall

I've heard that somewhere before but can't remember where I heard it. Seems like it was way back when I was just a kid. Maybe/probably heard it from some of my playmates ....... have no idea where they might have been from originally.

It's not all that common up near STL, but out in the boonies, like the real boonies a few hours south of me even, where all my cousins live it is definitely a thing.

Have heard many different dialects across the country. Is usually interesting and sometimes a bit comical. But, more importantly, I try to listen to persons intent more than their actual words. Their heart's usually best thing to listen to. Have noticed much has changed over the years with different educational sysytems and with people relocating here and there. Lotta good hearted people in this country. Many more than the opposite from experience. From various national news sometimes, I may have to get out more though? :)

" ............................... " Lotta good hearted people in this country. Many more than the opposite from experience. " ................................. " :)
My editing in the quote above, and I would wholeheartedly agree, but I've learned that some of those seemingly 'good hearted' ones sometimes speak with a 'forked' tongue. It's pretty hard to tell them apart anymore these days.

My editing in the quote above, and I would wholeheartedly agree, but I've learned that some of those seemingly 'good hearted' ones sometimes speak with a 'forked' tongue. It's pretty hard to tell them apart anymore these days.
Agreed. Can be hard to sort snakes in the grass. There are some heart players and stringers.
Thankfully, it generally gets easier with experience.

This in the area I grew up.

But being out of that area the last 40 yrs it's been deleted from my vernacular.
Thanks Tayln. Pretty interesting article. Especially on how "you" is understood. Have noticed how the same word's been interpreted from a general term to a more personal individualized term in different generational areas over the years. Growing up, "you" was taken as most anyone in general in conversation. Now, someone tends to take same generalized word more personal. The basically innocent word can sometimes be twisted into something unintended changing the whole meaning around. Patience usually helps understanding meaning.

Have heard many different dialects across the country. Is usually interesting and sometimes a bit comical. But, more importantly, I try to listen to persons intent more than their actual words. Their heart's usually best thing to listen to. Have noticed much has changed over the years with different educational sysytems and with people relocating here and there. Lotta good hearted people in this country. Many more than the opposite from experience. From various national news sometimes, I may have to get out more though? :)
The "C o o n Ass" dialect makes me laugh!

Apparently you get redacted for putting C with 2 O's and a N together?
Our HS team was the Racoons. They had the C double O, N and an S painted on all the water towers for 70+ yrs... well, one day not too long ago the new citizens to our community had a heart attack over the word and sued the city. Everything in town now says Racoon

Last edited:
A911AF8A-92AE-43D8-A827-026CC2A659C0.jpeg

It’s just a hat and it’s warm. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Rocky Raccoon's a fuzzy little guy. Saw one about 6' long one time. Not in the country, in the city climbing a tree. Head was as big as a humans. Guessing he ate well? Never knew they got that big!

Are you sure he wasn't somewhere in the black mining hills of Dakota?

Back