testtest

A Picture from History: The North Hollywood Shootout

It's still amazing to think that with all that firepower and reckless, indiscriminate shooting, those animals didn't manage to kill anyone.

And, it might be mentioned, this occurred during the infamous "assault weapon ban" period. I wonder what could be learned from that?

I remember that shoot out quite well boy we are getting old didn’t realize it was that long ago thanks for the post anni
We ain’t old…….we are seasoned! 😬😬😬😬
B23AB5AC-BBEC-413C-A724-7F14F6657437.gif

This was pre-columbine. I was a police chief when this happened and it grabbed my attention. I had been a SWAT commander for years and our policy was our SWAT carried their rifles or SMG's and gear in their cruisers at all times since 1986. The LA shootout was a bellwether event for many departments that changed LE training and equipment on a national level. Even so, we stopped and reviewed our equipment and procedures in the wake of this event and covered it in our training scenarios. There is a Critical Incident Management element here that goes beyond weapons and tactics.

This was pre-columbine. I was a police chief when this happened and it grabbed my attention. I had been a SWAT commander for years and our policy was our SWAT carried their rifles or SMG's and gear in their cruisers at all times since 1986. The LA shootout was a bellwether event for many departments that changed LE training and equipment on a national level. Even so, we stopped and reviewed our equipment and procedures in the wake of this event and covered it in our training scenarios. There is a Critical Incident Management element here that goes beyond weapons and tactics.

Yep, if I'm not mistaken isn't this incident what prompted police departments nationwide to arm officers with high powered rifles, ditch .38 revolvers, etc..

Back