testtest

A question about Powder River Precision

Nevadasun

Operator
I know many of you are familiar with Power River Precision parts. I've only purchased their "sand grips" for a couple of different guns. So, have any of you installed their Polished Striker, Extreme ejector, Titanium Striker Safety or Titanium Striker Status Pin? The Springfield XDm Elites already seem to be a rather hefty handgun. Not sure if I would be wasting money. Your Thoughts?

Ask the guys who spends 2k on a 1911 and them adds another 3k. 1911's probably need it anyway, but it's your decision. If anything you'd have extra parts for just in case. Rem700 included!

I know many of you are familiar with Power River Precision parts. I've only purchased their "sand grips" for a couple of different guns. So, have any of you installed their Polished Striker, Extreme ejector, Titanium Striker Safety or Titanium Striker Status Pin? The Springfield XDm Elites already seem to be a rather hefty handgun. Not sure if I would be wasting money. Your Thoughts?
no, i am not familiar with that company, never heard of them before just now.

i question all the claims ANY company makes about "hop-up
kits" for ANY gun out there.

heck, i have read where some guys send thier guns to the Colt custom shop, and they have issues....

PRP is good to go.

I am familiar with PRP and both my xdm’s have their trigger kits. Couldn’t be happier with the trigger much improved over stock. Haven’t shot an elite yet, since I already had the xdm’s.

I have not installed any of the parts you mentioned, as I haven’t had any issues with my xdm’s nor are they used in competition just for personal fun. I don’t really see a need for these specific parts on an xdm elite, unless you wanted to jazz up your gun a bit. Perhaps if you were shooting comps with soft shooting reloads maybe? But hopefully someone who does that chimes in.

Powder River makes parts that Springfield’s custom shop uses in their guns. Rob Leatham uses PRP stuff in his SA Poly guns. I personally use and recommend PRP. And Daniel the owner of PRP was president of the America Pistol Smiths guild.
Thank you XDman! It's obvious these handguns are well built, I was simply trying to make it bullet proof as much as possible. When a company uses titanium on certain parts, I have to give them a second and third look.

Thank you XDman! It's obvious these handguns are well built, I was simply trying to make it bullet proof as much as possible. When a company uses titanium on certain parts, I have to give them a second and third look.
So specifically on that, if you are looking at saving weight the difference in weight is negligible for the premium you pay for the titanium. if you really want to save weight switching to something like liberty Ammo is like night and day And more bang for your buck. Coolness factor is another story.

Back