testtest

A serious message for and about us older folks

I don't do friends. Have not since high school. Enjoy casual/business contacts, get along well with anyone. No ones Judge. Don't share a beer with anyone, don't do a meal with anyone. Rather bust a cap alone too. Durn near every human seems to be so shallow their world stops after Sports, FB and other social media, Fashion, what the fake no news says, Hellywood, "celebrities", and who the hell are they? Games: on the cell, on the TV, on the radio, Playstation, in the Rap a Crap, and head games and mind games and sell you something games and what you got compared to what I got status games and what you got that I want games and all in yer head games cuz yer life is a game. What other folks think is humor is only silly to me; what breaks me up is a "I don't get it" for them. What is reality for me seems a mystery to others. My old school values fit into very few lives. My strong Christian Faith is a turn off to most. What I'm willing to do without, others simply have to have and the can't/won't live without. A dishrag handshake with no eye contact is a turn off. If you are unable to say what you mean then shut up rather than say what you believe someone wants to hear.
Frivolous. Cheap. Disposable. Insincere. Part time and short lived and for benefit only is where society is now with relationships. What is dear and has great value and something I would fight and die for is worthless or nearly so to others. It only takes a few sentences to discover who you are talking to is hearing but not listening. And if I'm not interested in what another person is into I don't respond to it; folks can't take that. Authentic, genuine, honest to goodness life seems to have vaporized since the advent of the "digit". A photo, a video (can be edited to show anything), a news snippet, a twitter/clitter quote, an advertisement, a waste of time TV panel/anchor/unreality show, an OMG or thumbs up on FB is what's really real. The escape from real life is nearly complete. Unsocial media, digital, zoom us, texting, selfie sending phones, email, may be a fine way to stay in touch but it does not build true lasting relationships.

Sorry ur bored but I'm not finished.

I can/will be civil to anyone. Up to a point. If you don't believe in God, that's OK with me. Someday you will. As close to a friend that I have does not and we have an occasional great exchange about other topics. If you are not a Conservative/ Bible/Constitution/Flag/Country/Family/loving person, that is OK too. BUT, if you believe that I should not hold those values and have those rights and want to deny me those then I'm going to cool off on you quickly. If you are a person that expresses a desire for laws that strip me of my rights to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and hundredth amendment, demand I'm not entitled to it, that Faith, Honor, and Courage should take a knee to Tyranny, Government intrusion, and all the groupies/Parties/Pantywaists/hypersensitive Caspers Milquetoast types then if I'm in your company I'm going to leave and if you are in my company I'll ask you to leave.

So I remain hopeful, happy, positive and content without friends.
🤔 So, basically, the funeral procession to haul you to the cemetary is only going to involve the hearse, and maybe two other vehicles.

I assume he doesn't want a funeral. I know I don't. I didn't want to be around those people when I was alive, I sure as hell don't want them around me when I'm dead.
I'm having a graveside service only. No visitation, no "proper" funeral, and that is for my wife and children, not for me.
Already paid for my Amish made yellow poplar casket, plain and unvarnished, as the content it will hold. No shirt and tie, working clothes from the closet, you won't have to buy. No preacher knows me and don't start 'im lie'n, saying nice things, he'd be try'in.

Well, there are other options you know
1632679341559.jpeg

Sounds like a lot of us are going to die quite lonely!

It is also cheaper. Years ago when my father died in Mexico while on vacation, we had considerable expense getting back to the USA, then a cheap transport casket to fly his body back to Illinois. Then a transport cost, an expensive casket (at my brother's insistence) and a visitation and a funeral with over 700 people at the visitation alone, then another transport and funeral at the town we all grew up in with another 800 people at an all day visitation.

When my mother died years later, she was cremated at her request, and we had a graveside service for family only. We didn't even put an obit in the paper.

When I go, I don't even want any ceremony. Cremation and no grave. I've already outlived half my friends and the other half may be too old to travel by that time. Family will understand.

Everyone has their own beliefs but I don't think it will much matter to me anyway and I think it will be a lot easier on my wife if she is still alive. My son likely won't care about ceremonies either.

I told my friend I want buried in my truck that I love (96 Ford Ranger). Just open the topper & tailgate, & slide me in the bed. Rent a backhoe to dig a big enough hole & back it in. Put the stereo on continuous replay of Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" album, and fill in the hole. Should get a few hours of good tunes before the battery goes dead.

Just need a big enough plot some where.

Last edited:
I had a great friend, a retired firefighter, who traveled the world on safaris and all over the U.S. killing predators. He stopped at my ranch a number of times in his travels. He had Leukemia and early on made arrangements to be buried at the wheel of his MG Midget. Friends who attended the funeral watched as the cement truck backed up and filled the car and the grave with concrete. Personally I would have chosen a 68 Mustang fastback.

I have told my children I want my ashes shot out of a cannon over my range. I am distressed that I will not be there to see them scrambling around trying to find a cannon.😊

But ya'll know Fords are better than Chevy, right?😁
Y'all see that .... there's one of those 'facts' these folks get in their heads that are as wrong as they can be !!! ;):D

Also read it stated that they killed JW's dog was the reason for his killing spree and not that they took his Mustang. I'm pretty sure there isn't much difference between a dog and a Mustang ..... so how did he decide which?

Right y'all? ;):D

Y'all see that .... there's one of those 'facts' these folks get in their heads that are as wrong as they can be !!! ;):D

Also read it stated that they killed JW's dog was the reason for his killing spree and not that they took his Mustang. I'm pretty sure there isn't much difference between a dog and a Mustang ..... so how did he decide which?

Right y'all? ;):D
But do you carry a spare magazine?

Back