testtest

A sure painful experience

Old_Me,​

you are absolutely right in your post #16 and know that I wholeheartedly agree with you. So, with that said, let me elaborate on 'my' earlier post #13 just a tad.​

1st - We were both in our teens and still learning about the worldly things that can hurt us. (not an excuse, just a fact)

2nd - She had never, up to that day, shown any interest in shooting herself, just wanting to watch, so a T-shirt in our climate was pretty common at the time. However in all honesty, I probably would not have recognized the need for her to have worn something more appropriate at the time anyway. IIRC, I was 17 or 18 years old at the time.

3rd - We all know and accept that the written word never conveys the nuance of the spoken word, so many times writing doesn't convey the exact sentiment, expression, nor humor intended.

4th - If you'll notice the series of ( ......... ) following the next to last paragraph, that's an indication of timing ... or a pause. Usually meaning there's a 'punch' line or an important point coming which is exactly what the last paragraph was ..... a punchline to a joke. The part about the shirt unintentionally coming off is true, as well as not sure who was most surprised/embarrassed.

5th - I personally never would and never have laughed at anyone who is seriously hurt, much less a damsel in distress. I do now as I did then .... made every real attempt to help.

So, with all that being said, please understand I do agree with your statement. I'm sorry my post came across in the wrong way. And know too, that even if it had all been exactly the way it's written, I would not have been laughing at the individual, only the situation and circumstance, much as I'm sure she would have been after the initial shock.

And finally, this very same young lady and I have recently celebrated our 52nd anniversary together as husband and wife. I'm telling this part only to show how well my gun handling instruction must have been received by her ..... even under less that ideal circumstances on that particular day.

She and I, together in the 80's and 90's shot probably hundreds of thousands of rounds together in various competitions around the state ..... and she was also one of my best instructors in our state's hunter safety program that I coordinated locally for about 16 years.

We still shoot together as often and as much as possible .............. but I assure you sir, rarely does she wear a T-shirt to the range anymore .......... nor would I likely have the strength and/or motion of movement to help her lift it off should the need arise!!! (y)(y)(y)

Old_Me,​

you are absolutely right in your post #16 and know that I wholeheartedly agree with you. So, with that said, let me elaborate on 'my' earlier post #13 just a tad.​

1st - We were both in our teens and still learning about the worldly things that can hurt us. (not an excuse, just a fact)

2nd - She had never, up to that day, shown any interest in shooting herself, just wanting to watch, so a T-shirt in our climate was pretty common at the time. However in all honesty, I probably would not have recognized the need for her to have worn something more appropriate at the time anyway. IIRC, I was 17 or 18 years old at the time.

3rd - We all know and accept that the written word never conveys the nuance of the spoken word, so many times writing doesn't convey the exact sentiment, expression, nor humor intended.

4th - If you'll notice the series of ( ......... ) following the next to last paragraph, that's an indication of timing ... or a pause. Usually meaning there's a 'punch' line or an important point coming which is exactly what the last paragraph was ..... a punchline to a joke. The part about the shirt unintentionally coming off is true, as well as not sure who was most surprised/embarrassed.

5th - I personally never would and never have laughed at anyone who is seriously hurt, much less a damsel in distress. I do now as I did then .... made every real attempt to help.

So, with all that being said, please understand I do agree with your statement. I'm sorry my post came across in the wrong way. And know too, that even if it had all been exactly the way it's written, I would not have been laughing at the individual, only the situation and circumstance, much as I'm sure she would have been after the initial shock.

And finally, this very same young lady and I have recently celebrated our 52nd anniversary together as husband and wife. I'm telling this part only to show how well my gun handling instruction must have been received by her ..... even under less that ideal circumstances on that particular day.

She and I, together in the 80's and 90's shot probably hundreds of thousands of rounds together in various competitions around the state ..... and she was also one of my best instructors in our state's hunter safety program that I coordinated locally for about 16 years.

We still shoot together as often and as much as possible .............. but I assure you sir, rarely does she wear a T-shirt to the range anymore .......... nor would I likely have the strength and/or motion of movement to help her lift it off should the need arise!!! (y)(y)(y)
after i posted what i had said in #16, i then went all the way back to my original posting, and read the other posts. then i came across yours and thought, OMG, he's gonna think i was talking about him, and i wasn't as i did not even see your posting, and after i submitted my posting, i went back, and made that edit to include.....below

that's why i bolded.....(this is in NO reference to anyone here that may have posted)

i was talking about the guys that video that stuff, laugh out loud, and post it on the various social media, like it's some sort of freaking joke to them, all the while the girls are getting severe burns and are in pain.

to me, that does not make a man.

after i read what you had posted, you were most certainly more of a gentleman indeed.

that's why the bold....."this is in no reference" lead-in.

Hot brass went

Old_Me,​

sure, it was your gun “handling instruction” thats kept it going 52 yrs that fateful day….. 😉🤪🤪🤪

Handling, alright 😜

after i posted what i had said in #16, i then went all the way back to my original posting, and read the other posts. then i came across yours and thought, OMG, he's gonna think i was talking about him, and i wasn't as i did not even see your posting, and after i submitted my posting, i went back, and made that edit to include.....below

that's why i bolded.....(this is in NO reference to anyone here that may have posted)

i was talking about the guys that video that stuff, laugh out loud, and post it on the various social media, like it's some sort of freaking joke to them, all the while the girls are getting severe burns and are in pain.

to me, that does not make a man.

after i read what you had posted, you were most certainly more of a gentleman indeed.

that's why the bold....."this is in no reference" lead-in.
Old_me, I had no qualms whether you were talking about my post or not and your 'bolded' words just reassured me you were not. However, what your words did bring to my mind was that maybe others felt about my post just the way you had described. Therefore I felt the need to explain a little better my own words. I chose to address it to you specifically (also in bold) only because I wanted to show your post did in fact have an impact on me (a good thing).

Sitting there writing my post, I obviously knew exactly my intentions in choosing the wording I chose. But after reading your post it did help me see another version of it. So don't be concerned, we're all good. And hopefully everyone else saw it for what it was intended as well.

And to KillerFord1977 who said "sure, it was your gun “handling instruction” thats kept it going 52 yrs that fateful day….. 😉🤪🤪🤪" ..... you my friend are a very observant man. ;);) And I'll never agree, nor deny it. !!! :):D:D

Been there! Sorry about the nasty red mark. Should disappear in a few days.

I had a piece of brass lodge between my glasses and my eyelid once. Sent my glasses flying across the range in an effort to dislodge the steamy hot projectile from that sensitive area. Good times!

Back