testtest

A Warrior’s Armor: The M1A SAGE EBR Stock

Extremely Impressed
One question? I am a resident of New Jersey, I would like to purchase a M14/MA1 what is the procedure, process or method that I need to follow? I am a retired US. Army Veteran of 27 Years so I am not some gun happy kid. Please someone respond with some help and guidance. Thank You in advance for your response and information.

Extremely Impressed
One question? I am a resident of New Jersey, I would like to purchase a M14/MA1 what is the procedure, process or method that I need to follow? I am a retired US. Army Veteran of 27 Years so I am not some gun happy kid. Please someone respond with some help and guidance. Thank You in advance for your response and information.
Have you checked your registry for your state? If it’s on there as a permitted firearm I’d look into a FFL that does “Special Orders”. Then all you’ll have to do is find one for sale and have it transferred through your FFL of choice.

My EBR experience began in September of 2004 when I installed my Scout in a black chassis... that lead me to build and own many different M14s in just about every variant Sage offered, including a rare Navy Seal Gray 'Dot Matrix' chassis that I purchased from Andrew Clyde at Clyde Armory and still own. I met some great industry folks, and made some good friends along the way.

Here are just a few of the industry leaders I met at Shot Show 2011.
Little known fact: Dave Armstrong @Crane is the man that came up with the EBR design.

BTW, the M14 EBR trigger shoe is a must have item if you own one of these.

For more information, check out: The History and Development of the M14 EBR

- Kevin Young

As some of you are aware, I no longer use the EBR chassis - mine have been replaced by the Blackfeather RS out of Canada. The RS retains all of the EBR's capabilities & abilities to mount accessories, plus the RS has better recoil management with the HBA... it does this without the added weight associated with the EBR.

Attachments

• SHOT-2011.jpg
    SHOT-2011.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 1stEBR.jpg
    1stEBR.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 392
  • ac556ebr.jpg
    ac556ebr.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 1044213_678094018874456_243992335_n.jpg
    1044213_678094018874456_243992335_n.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Most Sage owners do not know how to properly adjust the barrel whip screw located at the very front on the top rail / hand guard. This screw acts as a bump stop, and here is what you do: 1. back off the locking screw on the side. 2. Adjust the larger top screw so it is positioned just above the barrel, but not in contact with the barrel. Leave enough space between the two so you can easily slide a piece of paper between them. Once the top screw is positioned correctly, lock it in place by tightening the little screw on the side. That's it.

Attachments

• IMG_5747.JPG
    IMG_5747.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
My EBR experience began in September of 2004 when I installed my Scout in a black chassis... that lead me to build and own many different M14s in just about every variant Sage offered, including a rare Navy Seal Gray 'Dot Matrix' chassis that I purchased from Andrew Clyde at Clyde Armory and still own. I met some great industry folks, and made some good friends along the way.

Little known fact: Dave Armstrong @Crane is the man that came up with the EBR design.

- Kevin Young

As some of you are aware, I no longer use the EBR chassis - mine have been replaced by the Blackfeather RS out of Canada. The RS retains all of the EBR's capabilities & abilities to mount accessories, plus the RS has better recoil management with the HBA... it does this without the added weight associated with the EBR.
Awesome stuff, Kevin! I can't seem to find the trigger shoe in stock otherwise I would have added it to the build. Great photo! Lot's of legends in that picture.

I still laugh when I see a picture of my very first EBR (2004)... the chassis and my builds improved with time.

Attachments

• LoL-number1.jpg
    LoL-number1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 401
Aluminum chassis stocks utilize proprietary op rod guides.

Sage on the left... Blackfeather on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_E0999.JPG
    IMG_E0999.JPG
    605.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_E1002.JPG
    IMG_E1002.JPG
    460.7 KB · Views: 225

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-015043_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-015043_Gallery.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 160

- Kevin Young

How would you compare these to your bullpup stocks, and can you still source them?

Extremely Impressed
Relocate out of NJ. You will be much more happy in a lot of ways.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "A Warrior’s Armor: The M1A SAGE EBR Stock" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/a-warriors-armor-the-m1a-sage-ebr-stock/.

Great article Mike thanks for sharing.
I waited for a long time to find my M1A standard and although that replacement stock is impressive I bought my M1A because of the walnut stock based on the history of this iconic rifle. It’s beautiful as is.

I just bought the Springfield M1A rifle has a solid walnut stock in 308 cal.Any ideas on a different stock that the guts will fit right into?Arcangle stock?☝️Or the one above?
Easy conversion?
If you want improved ergonomics and improved accuracy, the Blackfeather or Sage chassis stocks are the only way to go.

I just bought the Springfield M1A rifle has a solid walnut stock in 308 cal.Any ideas on a different stock that the guts will fit right into?Arcangle stock?☝️Or the one above?
Easy conversion?
Archangel is a great stock. However, it is rather heavy. Make sure you check out the specs and if possible handle whichever you are interested in. There is a lot to be said for actually handling before you purchase any stock. Also, be sure you know what the return policy is. There is nothing like finding out you are stuck with something you dont really care for.

Back