testtest

Adjusting sights on Hellcat?

SoNic

Elite
Is there a way to adjust up-down the sights on a Hellcat? Can the rear one be adjusted/replaced?

It shoots consistently low, and I don't think it's me, my other gun, Sig 365XL, shoots level. I have to aim with the front sight circle on top of the rear U to be the level, and this is at about 7'-10'.

Can this be because of different trigger pulls? Groupings are all right on both guns. 200+ rounds trough both.

Last edited:
I had the same problem low and to the left. I had a retired deputy and firearms trainer monitor my shooting and shoot the firearm himself.
Tough pill to swallow but as good as I thought I was , the problem was in fact me. I have grown accustomed to the wall and break of glocks. Check with your local trainer and have them observe you and try it themselves.
This little chart may help you as well. If after all that and it is still off contact Springfield.
I hope you get it figured out. You need 110% confidence with a tool that your life depends on. Best of luck.
8DA1176C-EA0B-4F2D-A181-F704219981BF.jpeg

Maybe I will.
It's just curious that the 365XL is much better in my hand. I actually use now the 365XL as my EDC... even if is slightly larger and I would prefer to carry the Hellcat.
A lot has to do with how any particular gun fits in your hand. I'm thinking the 365 is a little heftier in the hand than the Hellcat, which seems to be a better fit for those with smaller hands.

Think I'd take a little advice from SaltyMonkey and have someone reputable look over your shoulder, as well as having someone shoot a few rounds for you. That'll usually 'tell the tale' !!!

I always shot low left, I found out that I was jerking the trigger leading me to cant the gun some, I usually only have this issue with the smaller guns, I am good at doing this with my S&W Shield, with my G26 and my new Hellcat, not as bad with them.

Use a combat sight picture if you are using a 6 oclock hold. The Hellcat line up your sights even, but cover your target with your front sight. The front sight should be hiding the bullseye. This will raise your impacts.

Well... I have bought a bore laser (G-Sight 9mm Luger Training Laser Cartridge Gen 2) for $40.
So my OCD was satisfied... The laser flashes are really close to the aiming point of the steel sights, just a tiny bit to the right (rotating the laser in the barrel doesn't change that).
So all the lower grouping is just because me slapping the trigger? Even when I try to press really slowly?

The Sig doesn't do that because probably has better trigger?

Last edited:
Back