testtest

Again With the Front Sight!

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Three things make focusing on the front sight a critical part of marksmanship: the geometry of sight alignment, the human eye’s depth of field and what wiggles the most on a firearm. Let’s start with geometry.

Again With the Front Sight!

1610599276544.png

Good post and I think we have discussed this before and you should see some improvement if you focus on your front sight. Your rear sight will be a little blurry as well as your target. I believe we have talked about who shoots with both eyes open or not. I shoot both eyes open and my front sight is as clear as I can make it and it works well.
85f7445b64166f4139781b06fc115a57.jpg

Good post and I think we have discussed this before and you should see some improvement if you focus on your front sight. Your rear sight will be a little blurry as well as your target. I believe we have talked about who shoots with both eyes open or not. I shoot both eyes open and my front sight is as clear as I can make it and it works well.
85f7445b64166f4139781b06fc115a57.jpg
I like that green front sight. I may switch out the red pipe for a green one.

Front sight, what front sight? The only way I can see my front sight is to tilt my head back to an uncomfortable angle using my bifocals. I have been target-focused for the last couple of years. That rear peep sight does look interesting.
I had the same problem and decided to try these and they Worked for me =inexpensive -i bought the .50 and .75 and 1.00 , the .50 worked great for me and i can see the Front sight like i was 30 yrs old again lol -check them out they might work for you - Remember what works for some Don't for others - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVEX-RX-5...374838&hash=item3f85c29f79:g:40kAAOSw0DlZpxC6

I use almost exclusively target focused shooting with iron sighted guns. Front sight makes you slow and for me - less accurate in a practical context. If I need to print itty bitty groups on a B8 - then that's a different story - but just hitting a target - target focus is the way - out to at least 15 yards for me. at 25 I have to spend more loving care lining up the sights.

Green laser dot paints the target quite nicely, and lets me focus on the target.

Contrasting tritium-plus-light pipe iron sights (orange back, green front) serve well as the backup if the battery in the laser goes south - I can still target-focus, and put the green blur between the orange blurs. In zero-light situations, I just line up the three blurs while looking at the target.

Back