testtest

All Metal Smith & Wesson M&P

My own observations first time using. The heavier weight makes follow up shots easier than my polymer M&P 2.0, trigger is not what I am used to but the reset on this is awesome. The only thing I changed so to speak was the back strap I have average hands and it came from Smith with the small sized in place. I swapped it out for the medium large. So far so good only thing I would change is swap the factory sights out for night sights or fiber optics. It comes with the standard steel white dot setup. Just my own two cents worth....
I'm hoping S&W treats the metal-framed M&P's like they do the Shield/Shield Plus line. I wanted a Shield Plus when it was released, but I was not interested in one with 3-dot sights (I insist on night sights for a carry gun). Within a year, S&W released an optic-ready model with Night Sights for a price that was less than it would have cost me to install a quality set of night sights on the base-model. I'm counting on this model being successful enough that they release compact and Performance Center models with added features.

I'm hoping S&W treats the metal-framed M&P's like they do the Shield/Shield Plus line. I wanted a Shield Plus when it was released, but I was not interested in one with 3-dot sights (I insist on night sights for a carry gun). Within a year, S&W released an optic-ready model with Night Sights for a price that was less than it would have cost me to install a quality set of night sights on the base-model. I'm counting on this model being successful enough that they release compact and Performance Center models with added features.
The performance center models have FO sights. My PC .40 Shield has them. FO is not true night sights, but....

Interesting talk with Tom Gresham and S&W's Corey Beaudreau on the M&P 9mm All Metal pistol On "Gun Talk" (Duration 9:37). It's interesting Corey mentions that S&W is late to the party on producing an all metal frame pistol as others have (off the top of my head, I can only think of Sig that's done this with there Tungsten infused grip modules. are there others? :unsure: BTW: the color of Battleship grey is also a Sig color). Anyhow, Corey also hints at another caliber or calibers as a possibility down the road for this all metal pistol model.

I remember when the Glocks came out. Many customers were skeptical of the poly frame, (not to mention the 9mm caliber) much like many preferred the Colt Commander with a steel frame when the Lightweight Commander came out with an alloy frame. Will S&W eventually offer a steel framed M&P? :)

I am going to be looking for a new larger size (at least 4 in n barrel), at least 15 capacity 9 MM to alternate my Hellcat Pro on the colder days coming where I can wear heavier cover clothing or to church where I wear a suit coat.
The new metal M&P is high on my list

I am going to be looking for a new larger size (at least 4 in n barrel), at least 15 capacity 9 MM to alternate my Hellcat Pro on the colder days coming where I can wear heavier cover clothing or to church where I wear a suit coat
The new, metal M&P is high on my list I am considering.
I am interested in the trigger. I prefer a hammer fire over a striker fire, but I don't mind striker fire (other than Glocks, they suck). The only M&P I ever shot was the first Gen Shield I had a for a few years. Wasn't horrible, wasn't great

I am going to be looking for a new larger size (at least 4 in n barrel), at least 15 capacity 9 MM to alternate my Hellcat Pro on the colder days coming where I can wear heavier cover clothing or to church where I wear a suit coat
The new, metal M&P is high on my list I am considering.
I am interested in the trigger. I prefer a hammer fire over a striker fire, but I don't mind striker fire (other than Glocks, they suck). The only M&P I ever shot was the first Gen Shield I had a for a few years. Wasn't horrible, wasn't great
HK P30L

I'll check that out. Although I fell in love with a SAR USA Model 200o yesterday. CZ 75 clone

It's all about budget and intended use. I might be more inclined to get an actual CZ75 than a clone for self defense assuming the budget would allow it and that was the gun I wanted. That's the beautiful thing. There are a LOT of guns that are perfectly suited to whatever your intended use is and it stretches along all price points.

When you decide on one and buy it, we want to hear about it. :cool:

It's all about budget and intended use. I might be more inclined to get an actual CZ75 than a clone for self defense assuming the budget would allow it and that was the gun I wanted. That's the beautiful thing. There are a LOT of guns that are perfectly suited to whatever your intended use is and it stretches along all price points.

When you decide on one and buy it, we want to hear about it. :cool:
I'd love an actual CZ but definitely won't be in the budget

I will definitely let y'all know what I end up with

Back