testtest

Alone

Oaktree45

Master Class
My favorite TV show, Alone, will be starting a new season on the History Channel June 3rd. Does anyone else watch it? The prize is half million dollars to the one contestant who can survive the longest in the wilderness alone.

This season each of the 10 contestants will be dropped off in different locations around Chilko Lake, British Columbia which is grizzly bear territory. Filming usually begins in the fall so weather becomes a factor in outlasting the other contestants.

My favorite TV show, Alone, will be starting a new season on the History Channel June 3rd. Does anyone else watch it? The prize is half million dollars to the one contestant who can survive the longest in the wilderness alone.

This season each of the 10 contestants will be dropped off in different locations around Chilko Lake, British Columbia which is grizzly bear territory. Filming usually begins in the fall so weather becomes a factor in outlasting the other contestants.
Counteroffer: I’ll camp out in the backyard a week straight for 100 grand.

I was looking at the list of the 10 items the contestants bring with them and two of the contestants aren’t bringing a Ferro Rod. Apparently those two feel they can make fire without one. It will be interesting to see how they do in the rainy, cold, and snowy weather they will experience. Having fire is essential to winning this competition. This is reality TV at its best.

I’m 52. I would go deep into the woods and build a shelter and live by my own hands right now. For free.
Have you considered applying to be a contestant for next season?

As a young man I would have enjoyed living off the land for a short period but at my age (75) "roughing it" is living in my RV. Having watched 6 of the 7 seasons of Alone there is no way I would attempt to do what the 10 participants endure...not even as a young man. Many of the participants have had be medically evacuated due to starvation, food poisoning, infection, or injury. In season 6 "The Arctic" one of the contestants had to tap out on day 72 because his shelter burned to the ground including his equipment.

Have you considered applying to be a contestant for next season?

As a young man I would have enjoyed living off the land for a short period but at my age (75) "roughing it" is living in my RV. Having watched 6 of the 7 seasons of Alone there is no way I would attempt to do what the 10 participants endure...not even as a young man. Many of the participants have had be medically evacuated due to starvation, food poisoning, infection, or injury. In season 6 "The Arctic" one of the contestants had to tap out on day 72 because his shelter burned to the ground including his equipment.
Absolutely not. A camera crew hanging out is the exact opposite of “ Alone”.

Absolutely not. A camera crew hanging out is the exact opposite of “ Alone”.
No camera crews on Alone. The participants are issued approximately 50 pounds of camera gear and taught how to use it during the week before they are dropped off in their remote locations. During medical checkups, fresh batteries and memory cards are supplied. Weekly Medical checkups are the only time participants see other human beings and are only allowed to talk about medical issues. Each participant is given a special satellite phone that can only be used to contact the show's producer to tap out of the contest. They are also issued a GPS locator they must carry with them at all times for safety reasons.

Last season one of the contestants had to scare off a small pack of wolves that had surrounded his shelter. For anyone who is interested in survival skills Alone is the show to watch. In Season 1 a participant dropped out the first day because of bears and another dropped out after two days because of wolves. I didn't think any of the participants in season 1 were true survivalists. Even so the winner lasted 56 days in season 1.

I would rather do naked and afraid with a hot 20 something woman.
I am only 52 and I could maybe manage. I have had some pretty rough injuries that might slow me down if they acted up, but nature and I seem to get along very very well, so I might have an advantage as well. IDK a half million is not very much money though. I mean a new diesel truck is what $45000, plus a nice toy hauler and toy? 100K? You will have to pay contestant taxes on that 500k, which is almost 50%, so you are going to only bring home 250-300,000.

I would rather do naked and afraid with a hot 20 something woman.
I am only 52 and I could maybe manage. I have had some pretty rough injuries that might slow me down if they acted up, but nature and I seem to get along very very well, so I might have an advantage as well. IDK a half million is not very much money though. I mean a new diesel truck is what $45000, plus a nice toy hauler and toy? 100K? You will have to pay contestant taxes on that 500k, which is almost 50%, so you are going to only bring home 250-300,000.
A woman in one of my FB groups was on Naked and Afraid. She’s like me now, allergic to sunlight, so no going on the champions edition.

A woman in one of my FB groups was on Naked and Afraid. She’s like me now, allergic to sunlight, so no going on the champions edition.
I figure I am going to need some motivation and I know myself well enough to know what dumb stuff I have done for women. I would have had us a cabin built and set up shop before it was done.
I am old enough to know there is more to life than money. Especially a small amount. I mean a couple hundred k is not small, but it is like I tell everyone, I grew up watching the 6 million dollar man and in todays world he would have gotten a couple fake and not bionic knees and a hip and maybe a shoulder for 6 million. LOL Point is a couple 100 k does not go very far just like the 6 million dollar man would be more like the 100 million dollar man today.

I believe this is the first season of Alone where every one of the participants brought a bow and arrows with them. I guess they learned from watching season 6 and 7 how valuable it can be. In season 6 Jordan Jonas dropped a moose and with that supply of food was able to win. Last season Roland Welker dropped a muskox with his bow and lasted 100 days alone in the wilderness to claim the one million dollar prize.

Episode 2 of season 8 airs tonight and last week Tim Madsen dropped out after 6 days due to medical condition.

I love the show, andI would loved to try it, 25, 30 years ago. Before the arthritis in my back, and dual hip replacements from arthritis. I can hold my own in the woods for a week or so, but not like I could way back when.

I do still sit there and contemplate the 10 items seriously though lol.

Back