testtest

Alone

I was looking at the list of the 10 items the contestants bring with them and two of the contestants aren’t bringing a Ferro Rod. Apparently those two feel they can make fire without one. It will be interesting to see how they do in the rainy, cold, and snowy weather they will experience. Having fire is essential to winning this competition. This is reality TV at its best.
Agreed. Once they have a fire, they can possibly keep at least embers going constantly. With care you can even travel with embers to start a fire But, it's not something I would risk the game, and possibly my neck on, take a ferro rod, its a safety net.

Really. It's entertainment folks. Shoot the scene, back to the lodging and fine dining till the next take. Never alone. Sure they sign waivers but you think the companies are going to open themselves to lawsuits if things went south? With satellites and all the current tech, who is ever alone? If a contestant gets in dire straights watch how quickly rescue arrives - without notification from the contestant. I enjoy being entertained but not naive.

Really. It's entertainment folks. Shoot the scene, back to the lodging and fine dining till the next take. Never alone. Sure they sign waivers but you think the companies are going to open themselves to lawsuits if things went south? With satellites and all the current tech, who is ever alone? If a contestant gets in dire straights watch how quickly rescue arrives - without notification from the contestant. I enjoy being entertained but not naive.
I understand your skepticism but they are alone except for the periodic medical checkups. In season 6 one of the participant's shelter caught fire and burned to the ground. He called using his tap out phone and because of the severe weather conditions they couldn't get to him until the next morning. This was during a snowstorm and sub-freezing temps. In most seasons one or two participants have been pulled from the competition because of starvation and severe weight loss. Nope, no fine dining and lodging. This is the real deal.

All participants are required to carry their tap out phone and GPS location device with them at all times. Last season they had to pull a contestant because of the severe frost bite on her toes.

Back