testtest

Amazon Prime now will have ads

All the streaming services are at it. We all cut the chord to get away from cable TV and all the streaming services basically became cable TV.

Yep. Best thing to do is run your own Plex server, or find a pal who runs one and will give you access to it. Haven't paid for a streaming service in 5 years and we can get anything and everything we want from anywhere. It's the only way to do it now.

Just got an e-mail that Prime shows will all include ads, unless you pay an extra $2.99/month. I did not become a Prime member for the TV service (I got it for free shipping). Gotta make your money somewhere Mr. Bezos. Still sucks though.
i very rarely if ever, watch Prime TV...i find looking for programing to be confusing, and i can never seem to "go back", and search for something else, as i always have to start from the beginning of the entire process.........BS in my book.

i only care about the free shipping too.

2.99 is a convenience fee most consumers will pay
i find that term..."convenience fee" to be obnoxious...

how is it "convenient" to pay a fee..??

like if say i am up against the clock, to pay a credit card bill online, i can call them, and pay via phone (i never do by the way), they charge a "convenience fee" to pay them thier money due..!!!!!

if i need to go to my DMV to do business, they charge us a "convenience fee", to go there in person....!!

how is taking MY TIME, TO GO THERE and do business with them warrant me paying them for the "Inconvenience of ME GOING THERE"...??

they GOTTA be there, it's THEIR JOB, their place of business, isn't it.????

all these morons charging us a "convenience fee", ought to GIVE US a deep discount, for DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM.!!

That's because they can get away with it!
enough customers get fed up with them, (or any company for that matter) that can change..

for instance, i used to get the USCCA magazine, the SA magazine, and the AARP magazine, my AAA auto club magazine, my Blue Cross/Blue Shield magazines, all with my paid services from each....i told them to keep thier toilet paper, it does not make for good reading, as it bores me, plus it adds to my time taking them out to the recycling bin on trash day.

they abided by my wishes.

that's all t takes, is customer demand, to either add, or subtract something.

Silly me, I once believed that paying for a service was supposed to eliminate ads. Sirius cured me of that foolish notion.
when many of us first had internet, we had dial up......and AOL, and whatever services were out there..

we had ads, up the wahzoo.

the DSL came around, then cable, then FiOS, then satelitte.

it was great, we paid for those higher dollar, higher speeds for internet, and they were ALL add free...now i get ads on what ever home page i choose, that i must watch, before the news or story video comes on....

Back