testtest

Ambidextrous Slide Stop Not Actually Ambi?

Hey everyone,

First post here. I've just become the proud owner of an XD-M Elite 3.8". I'm extremely satisfied with the purchase and have almost no complaints. However, I've noticed something with the "ambidextrous" slide stop.

When holding the weapon in my left hand, which is my shooting hand, I am able to engage the locking mechanism on the right side. However, I am only able to release the slide with the slide lock on the left side, meaning I have to change my grip a bit to release the slide. I assumed that with an ambi slide release that it would function equally on both sides.

Is this normal? If so, is there anything I can do about it? This is not the end of the world by any means, just a minor annoyance I guess. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone,

When holding the weapon in my left hand, which is my shooting hand, I am able to engage the locking mechanism on the right side. However, I am only able to release the slide with the slide lock on the left side, meaning I have to change my grip a bit to release the slide. I assumed that with an ambi slide release that it would function equally on both sides.

I have the same problem with the 4.5 Being a lefty. one of the things that attracted me were the ambi controls. It's pretty disappointing.

Every new Springfield handgun I’ve purchased the slide stop was difficult to disengage until the gun had a few 100 rounds through it. The edges in the cut in the slide and lever is new and sharp and needs to be worn down slightly.

If the cut or lever was made to smooth or with a lot of tolerance then the lever wouldn’t hold the slide back then this would be a different conversation.

Does anybody offer an extended slide release for the XDM. Glock has one that has a little notch that makes the release a bit easier.

Back