testtest

Ammo, online prices

Chuck B

Elite
a few years ago while looking online to purchase ammo, I must have looked at 50 different websites. they all seemed somewhat close, but had their differences. Well I purchased from ammunition depot, their prices seemed comparatively reasonable, there were some a little higher as well as a little lower, anyhow the purchases went well, so I've been fairly loyal. with the exception of needing to buy .30-40 from Bud's.
I've been keeping an eye on prices for awhile (as many are) but the other day, I purchased a 1000 rds of blazer brass 124 9mm. I paid .42 pr all said and done with tax and shipping it comes out to about .46 pr.
I'm not familiar with many ammo sites, so just wondering if there are some sites out there, that others use that are lower? .45acp is still outrageous, as well as .380. I'm still waiting (patiently for .410 to come back & .45 to drop)

thanks

In Bulk, I've, in the past, used either Ammunition Depot or LuckyGunner.com. I've also used Ammo Supply Warehouse, specically when 22lr ammunition was hard to find several years ago. For hard to find less common calibers ammunition, I've used Midway USA.

a few years ago while looking online to purchase ammo, I must have looked at 50 different websites. they all seemed somewhat close, but had their differences. Well I purchased from ammunition depot, their prices seemed comparatively reasonable, there were some a little higher as well as a little lower, anyhow the purchases went well, so I've been fairly loyal. with the exception of needing to buy .30-40 from Bud's.
I've been keeping an eye on prices for awhile (as many are) but the other day, I purchased a 1000 rds of blazer brass 124 9mm. I paid .42 pr all said and done with tax and shipping it comes out to about .46 pr.
I'm not familiar with many ammo sites, so just wondering if there are some sites out there, that others use that are lower? .45acp is still outrageous, as well as .380. I'm still waiting (patiently for .410 to come back & .45 to drop)

thanks
What’s this .410 you speak of….🤔🤔 there hasn’t been any .410 in my area now for the past few months

i have been lucky, that my LGS has ammo and for a decent price, that after sales tax and shipping, is cheaper than online, and waiting and hoping that there are no delays in that shipping..... for the time being.

today in fact, i got 2-100 rd boxes of .45 ACP, Winchester for $49.99 each

and 5 boxes of Finocchi for 18.99 each

i ain't gonna be paying high dollars for bulk, at least not for a long time yet.

I look at ammoseek twice a week, but oddly one retailer near me has .380 range ammo (S&B FMJ) for $22.99/box, at least $.20/round cheaper than anything online. Also they have 10mm range ammo (S&B JHP) for $27.99/box, which is $.30/round less than any retailers on ammoseek. It just tells me that I can't rely on online sources....sometimes local is better. 9mm, 5.56Nato, .308 and .38 Special still are WAY cheaper online...(my other regular buys). 50-round boxes, fyi. I consider the JHP from S&B range ammo because of the low-power nature of S&B ammo....wouldn't use it for defense purposes

I tend to buy in case quantities online for free shipping...

I appreciate all the input. I will make a note of these sites and start looking. right now .308 is too rich for my wallet, I still have a few rounds of it left, several of the stores here, have plenty of shelf space for ammo, and as noted .380, .45acp and of course the elusive .410 are not taking up any of it. I have bought 1000 rd cases of IMI 5.56 in the past (good stuff) but even it's hard to find.
thanks again to all and I will list these sites so I can find them.

I appreciate all the input. I will make a note of these sites and start looking. right now .308 is too rich for my wallet, I still have a few rounds of it left, several of the stores here, have plenty of shelf space for ammo, and as noted .380, .45acp and of course the elusive .410 are not taking up any of it. I have bought 1000 rd cases of IMI 5.56 in the past (good stuff) but even it's hard to find.
thanks again to all and I will list these sites so I can find them.
You can get IMI 5.56 from Midway USA at a decent price per round and also get free delivery with an order over $49.00

I look at ammoseek twice a week, but oddly one retailer near me has .380 range ammo (S&B FMJ) for $22.99/box, at least $.20/round cheaper than anything online. Also they have 10mm range ammo (S&B JHP) for $27.99/box, which is $.30/round less than any retailers on ammoseek. It just tells me that I can't rely on online sources....sometimes local is better. 9mm, 5.56Nato, .308 and .38 Special still are WAY cheaper online...(my other regular buys). 50-round boxes, fyi. I consider the JHP from S&B range ammo because of the low-power nature of S&B ammo....wouldn't use it for defense purposes

I tend to buy in case quantities online for free shipping...
My LGS is selling S&B 10mm 50 round boxes for $22 a box currently. I have plenty of 10mm myself but I did grab a few hundred rounds of 7.62x39 Tula for $8.50 a box of 20 rounds.

Bass Pro has had Herters 9mm range ammo for $16-$17 a box recently.

thanks
Comparison sake, 2020 prices into March 2021, i was buying bulk 1000 rds blazer brass 9mm for $159 . Buying and shooting 2 cases a month.
Ready for those days again ..

Back