testtest

Ammo $$$$$

Scored 4 boxes of Monarch brass case in 9mm from Academy this afternoon with the wife's help (2 boxes per customer). They sold for $16.99 per box, which is double what they were pre-COVID.

I alerted family and friends that Academy got an unexpected shipment in. I told everyone to hurry, because they were stocking the shelves and boxes were flying off the shelf.
I’d buy that!! My Academy had them for $30 a box earlier in the week. The other two places I went had them for $40 per box. Both places said their suppliers had marked them up, not them.

My Academy has been pretty good about keeping the prices reasonable, but they don't even bother stocking the shelves in the gun section. What little ammo they get in, goes straight to the service counter by the checkout lanes. Always with a limit on how much you can buy, and usually a long line, with them selling out before you can get what you want. But sometimes I do get lucky, and if my wife is along, she's right behind me in line to get her ration of ammo! lol

It's still cheaper than most everyone on the internet's prices. Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore is selling all their 9mm for $50/box. The average price for 1000 rounds ( per Ammoseek) is about $600.
It’s like Sportsman’s Outdoor and Gunbroker are having a contest to see who can fleece us the most!

My Academy has been pretty good about keeping the prices reasonable, but they don't even bother stocking the shelves in the gun section. What little ammo they get in, goes straight to the service counter by the checkout lanes. Always with a limit on how much you can buy, and usually a long line, with them selling out before you can get what you want. But sometimes I do get lucky, and if my wife is along, she's right behind me in line to get her ration of ammo! lol
Yeah, my Academy just puts the ammo that comes in that day on a rolling shelf near where the ammo used to go. Doesn’t make it to the regular shelves either. Limit used to be 3 boxes per customer per day, now it is 2 boxes. You have to get there early on delivery day or you wind up with REAL slim pickings...

It’s like Sportsman’s Outdoor and Gunbroker are having a contest to see who can fleece us the most!

One of my LGSs ended up putting their ammo on GB on penny auctions vs. listening to all the crap from folks that get beaten out by someone quicker on the keyboard. They would get nasty phone calls from :poop: heads complaining about rising prices when they were selling out almost instantly.

Then they caught more crap for the penny auctions when the prices were bid up real high at no fault of their own. The calls they were getting were really bad when someone would get their panties bound up too tight, and wanted to only pay pre-Covid prices.

Last edited:
My Academy has been pretty empty for months. I was able to get a few boxes of Monarch 7.63x39. These were $5.99 pre-COVID, $7.99 until last week, and now $9.99. Definitely a markup, but much less than any of the online sellers. They are still my go-to store for ammo, but I haven't seen 9mm on the shelves for months.

I was lucky enough to have a moderate stash of pistol caliber ammo, but I've still cut my range sessions by about 75%. I keep hoping that things will get back to normal. Unfortunately, they just keep getting worse. I used to be shocked and angered whenever I heard about a gang drive-by on the news. Now I find myself wondering, "Where did they find the ammo?".

Finally found 50 round box of 45 Long Colt soft nose been looking for awhile 40 miles away on errands while traveling.
$45. Ouch! But, they had in stock. No limit. Got 1 box let others sit for someone else.

Man, this OP didn't age well :ROFLMAO:

How many of us would jump to buy at that price right now?

I've been buying hollow point ammo, as you can still find that at close to pre-covid prices.

Back