testtest

Ammunition shortage winding down soon?

I see Bulk Ammo has 9mm 115Gr FMJ Blazer for approx $.70/rd. Lowest I have seen in a while. Not willing to pay that but a bit uplifting. Not $.90 or $1 and in stock. I'll take that as a sign of better days to come in 2021.

I thought "Dick's" was going completely out of the gun business! It's been a year or two since they did away with anything similar to what is typically called an 'assault' weapon ..... even though they're not assault weapons. Anybody know for sure?

Ammo shortage IS NOT WINDING DOWN........my shops have little to no ammo.....no .22lr period in my area, none......7 different stores....nothing.....guns have also went up, G19 $650.00.....G44 $515.00.....simply outrageous. One is selling guns....but no ammo to shoot, my guess it’s people who already had ammo stocked are the ones buying guns around my area.

I think this is a case of define ammo shortage. Maybe the shortage to them is slowing down, but that doesn’t mean product is staying on their shelves any longer. Who amongst us isn’t going to do the same things as Hans once things start getting better? We’re all going to start rebuilding our war chests. IMO, the ammo shortage will continue for quite some time.

I thought "Dick's" was going completely out of the gun business! It's been a year or two since they did away with anything similar to what is typically called an 'assault' weapon ..... even though they're not assault weapons. Anybody know for sure?

That was what I understood. My local Dicks removed all non-hunting/shotgun a year or two ago (handguns, ammo, etc.). Just recently over the past few months they removed all firearms. This was at two Dick’s in the Chicago land area I saw Over the last month.

Heck, I just gambled that this is going to be long term, and bought one of the cases of 5.56 PPU M193 that AIM had for $600+shipping...ended up being close to .70/rd after all is said & done, double the price from a year ago.

Splitting it with a couple other people who are really short.

Dick's in my area is always empty. Maybe one or two customers. We have Academy Sports here and that place is always busy. I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's because they thumb their noses at our 2nd amendment rights. I have been able to buy ammo at Academy. 9mm and recently 1500 rounds of 22lr. Don't really need anything else since I started reloading my own. Some primers are getting harder to find right now though.

Dick's in my area is always empty. Maybe one or two customers. We have Academy Sports here and that place is always busy. I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's because they thumb their noses at our 2nd amendment rights. I have been able to buy ammo at Academy. 9mm and recently 1500 rounds of 22lr. Don't really need anything else since I started reloading my own. Some primers are getting harder to find right now though.
You can actually find primers? My local shop has been out for almost two months. I'm down to a couple thousand large rifle and large pistol magnum and below 1000 on small pistol magnum.

You can actually find primers? My local shop has been out for almost two months. I'm down to a couple thousand large rifle and large pistol magnum and below 1000 on small pistol magnum.
Midway, Natchez, Cabelas/BP....hit refresh constantly between midnight and about 1:30 am EST. Scored 5K SPP in early Dec. There is a Discord for reloading, too. Dang if I know what a "Discord" is but it worked for me. Gotta be on your game if you use Discord. You have about 30 seconds to log on and get 'em.

Hey JJ, from the article linked below, it looks like some Dick's Sporting Goods store still have guns and ammo to sell, but it appears the CEO is phasing both out of stores a bit at a time. I don't know what the current count of stores that still have them, nor their location. Since they announced their Anti gun policy, I stopped going to their stores.

IMO "we" lost our Toilet Paper Moral High Ground on this ammo thing. I have seen pictures, that I believe are real, illustrating some pretty big acquisitions. Sure, some folks shoot a LOT but wholly crap. I think we lost "our" proverbial $h!t whenever "we" saw it was available. I never felt the need to hoard toilet paper but I got twitchy every time I looked at my primer, projectile, powder.......firearm inventory. I never even owned a gun 15 months ago.....sheesh. I also, assume I'm a rarity and not a ton of the millions of new gun owners jumped into reloading right out of the chute. My gun(s) purchase was not pandemic induced, for the record. Just got hooked at the right/wrong time.

I think it's the civil unrest and election that are driving the panic buying right now. The rioting largely stopped, thankfully, but there's a lot of anger simmering under the surface. The craziness and conspiracy theories surrounding the election aren't helping.

I think it's the civil unrest and election that are driving the panic buying right now. The rioting largely stopped, thankfully, but there's a lot of anger simmering under the surface. The craziness and conspiracy theories surrounding the election aren't helping.
I hear ya..I’m on board. I’m just sayin’, maybe we shouldn’t judge the TP folks. We have our own demons. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
You KNOW what the TP junkies are saying about us, right?:p:oops:

I hear ya..I’m on board. I’m just sayin’, maybe we shouldn’t judge the TP folks. We have our own demons. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
You KNOW what the TP junkies are saying about us, right?:p:oops:
I'm sure they're being good and understanding about our situation. Wait, they're Americans. We aren't very good at the whole "understanding other points of view" thing. :) I had a bunch of friends call me when they couldn't find TP at the local grocery stores and knew I could get the megapacks from Costco. Crazy business...

With an ongoing 18-24 month backlog that keeps getting pushed further out every day, the current ammo situation isn't ending anytime in the foreseeable future.

Hey JJ, from the article linked below, it looks like some Dick's Sporting Goods store still have guns and ammo to sell, but it appears the CEO is phasing both out of stores a bit at a time. I don't know what the current count of stores that still have them, nor their location. Since they announced their Anti gun policy, I stopped going to their stores.

I think the "Dick's" near me stopped selling 'AR's and relative ammo a couple years ago, then everything else after that. I decided back when they did away with the 'AR's" that I was done with them for anything they carried. I figured if they were so chicken-chit as to drop the most popular modern sporting rifle in the country due simply to political influence, I didn't need anything they had at all. I hate companies that bow to political pressure ..... period !!!!!! (n)(n)(n)

And for years before that we frequented "Dick's" pretty regularly. But NO MORE!!!!

Back