testtest

An insiders perspective on ABI fallout

I
I know this guy who had a nice 4x4 Ford truck . He and a buddy would drive into Mo. and buy Coors and bring it back to IL . before it was available East of the " big river " . It is said that he made a fare amount of money by doing this once a week.
;)

I always liked the big horses but never liked the beer they represented.
I recall as a lad in the late 60's guys smuggling Coors into Illinois from CO. We thought we were outlaws drinking that beer in those days

I prefer amber beers, but Bud Light has lowered my A1C, so it's good for my diabetes.
I don't understand why anyone or any company would irritate customers. If I were selling a product or service, I would try not to be polarizing.

yes there are much better beers. the one thing i recall, was the "push" of some marketers to put some brands in some neighborhoods, for a much lower price.

Colt 45 (not the gun mind you) was once "the King of Beers" in poverty stricken areas.

and i found that information

where i live, there is a liquor store, that sells a variety of lower priced toilet water.

i never buy there

i go like 3 miles away, and buy better liquor and wines, and beers.
Very common. HEB the grocery chain of Texas does this in their stores. Pricing and products for the location of the store. Apples in my store will be cheaper than the store near the large gated community and more expensive than in the little town 6 miles from my house. Good business

An update on the Anheiser-Busch (A-B) slide:

May 8, 2023

April Numbers Are In

Dear Client:
The April scan numbers are hot off the press from NIQ. All numbers for the four weeks ending April 29. As a benchmark, total beer volumes were down 3.2%, with dollars up 1.8%.
VOLUME. A-B volumes were down 12.5%, while Molson Coors was up 7.6% and Constellation up 3.8%. Bud Light was down 21.4% while Coors Light was up 10.9% and Miller Lite up 12.8%.
Budweiser was down 11.5% while Yuengling was up 14.7% and Coors Banquet up 20.5%. Even Miller Genuine Draft was up 3.7%
Busch down 5.3%, Natural down 6%, Keystone up 5.3%, and Pabst up 14.3%.
DOLLARS. A-B dollars were down 6.1%, while Molson Coors was up 13.8% and Constellation up 8.7%. Bud Light was down 17.2% while Coors Light was up 17.3% and Miller Lite up 19.1%.
Budweiser was down 6.7% while Yuengling was up 20.1% and Coors Banquet up 27.9%. Miller Genuine Draft was up 7.3%.
Busch up 1.3%, Natural down 0.2%, Keystone up 11.5%, and Pabst up 18.4%.

I only drink Micros (Porters/Stouts) & consider the mainstream brands like Coors/Busch etc. just colored water.
Amen.

And I'm pretty sure I won't lose a wink of sleep if A-B goes under tomorrow and takes all its crap brands with it, just like I can think of a million more worthy topics to be concerned about than the latest culture war drama.

Last edited:

InBev brands​

From sources across the web SURPRISE ......HO GARDEN caught my eye:ROFLMAO:

1684807136624.jpeg

Budweiser

1684807136641.png

Stella Artois

1684807136661.jpeg

Corona

1684807136679.png

Beck's

1684807136697.png

Anheuser-Busch

1684807136714.png

Hoegaarden

1684807136730.png

Leffe

1684807136747.png

Bud Light

1684807136765.jpeg

Jupiler

I don't drink alcohol. Been sober for 40+ years now. ;)
Frankly, I find all this fuss to be hilarious. :LOL: Why care who's picture is on the can? But then considering who their customer base is, how could AB be so stupid? Just another example of being offended over nothing and the general level of stupidity in this country. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can't even give it away. $19.95 a case with a $20.00 rebate. Lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230518_074757_SmartNews.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518_074757_SmartNews.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 60
I don't drink alcohol. Been sober for 40+ years now. ;)
Frankly, I find all this fuss to be hilarious. :LOL: Why care who's picture is on the can? But then considering who their customer base is, how could AB be so stupid? Just another example of being offended over nothing and the general level of stupidity in this country. :rolleyes:
It really wasnt about a man on a can, it was about their Marketing VP saying on record that A-B needs to move away from their Redneck-Frat Party customer base.
Pretty much offended their core consumer immediately

It really wasnt about a man on a can, it was about their Marketing VP saying on record that A-B needs to move away from their Redneck-Frat Party customer base.
Pretty much offended their core consumer immediately
I hadn't heard about that, but then I never really followed the story either. I can see your point. I just get tired of everybody being so offended by stupid little things. Our nation has turned into a bunch of whinny azz wimps. :rolleyes:

Bud Light loses its title as America's top-selling beer (Additional Coverage)

Source: https://www.cnn.com/

Jordan Valinsky

June 14, 2023

America's top-selling beer is no longer American.

Modelo Especial, the Mexican lager brewed near Mexico City by Constellation Brands, became the top-selling beer in May, overthrowing Bud Light from the top spot it has held for more than two decades. The fall from the top further highlighted how much trouble the Anheuser-Busch brand is in following transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney's Instagram post showing off a customized Bud Light can.

For four weeks ending on June 3, Modelo captured 8.4% of US retail beer sales, with Bud Light falling to second place with 7.3%, according to NIQ data given to consulting firm Bump Williams. Dollar sales were equally grim for Bud Light during that period, with sales falling 24.4%, while Modelo's grew 12.2%.

And the trend doesn't look to turn in Bud's favor, the firm said.

"Modelo Especial appears to be increasing its sales growth each week as we get deeper into summer," Williams told CNN. He added that the Modelo Oro, its new low-carb beer, is off to a strong start following its May debut and further bolstering the brand's sales.

I have nothing against the LGBTQ+IEIEO community. What I do have something against is companies trying to cram their queerness down everyones throat like its a normal lifestyle. It may now be a mainstream lifestyle but its not normal. Can't understand what these companies are doing. I owned a restaurant and the rule was, you keep your politics, religion, and other controversial social issues to yourself, lest you publicly take a side and alienate half of your customer base. Went back to Miller High Life that I used to drink when I first turned 18. Over the years I switched brands now and then, last few years it was Budweiser (not a Lite Beer drinker) actually found that Miller is a really good beer. I like that and Boulevard which is a wheat beer. Millers next commercial should be "All beer, no social issues"....

I always liked the big horses but never liked the beer they represented.
I liked the beer and company WHEN they were an American Company. They were really big in supporting the troops and the common blue collar man and were sincere with it. They knew who buttered their bread and they showed their gratitude to them. After InBev (a Belguim Company) acquired them in a hostile corporate takeover they try to play to the American public as if its the same company, an "American Icon". Yeah, it was when it was American! Now its just pandering...

Back