testtest

Anatomy of a Suppressor

Will also wrote an article about cleaning suppressors and the toxic gunk that accumulates in them. I'll have to look for it and read it again. It was something I didn't really think about before.
Clint from Classic Firearms specifically mentioned NEVER cleaning his suppressors in a video, and he shoots suppressed quite a bit. Not sure I'd take that advice given they likely accumulate more crap than any other component on a firearm...

I’ve got one sitting at 110 days and one at 65 days. Hopefully, the first will get of jail soon.

I’ve always heard that center fire cans don’t need cleaning, but rimfire do because of the lead build up and that rimfire powder is dirtier. Also that center fire will blast the buildup out. But I’ve mostly looked into rifle cans. My one is a .30 cal can for a .300 BLK and a .556 and the other is a .22 can. I’ll use that on a .22 AR style rifle and .22 pistol.

Clint from Classic Firearms specifically mentioned NEVER cleaning his suppressors in a video, and he shoots suppressed quite a bit. Not sure I'd take that advice given they likely accumulate more crap than any other component on a firearm...
Alot of suppressor you cannot take apart and manufacturer says to not clean them..
Others, like a .22 suppressor, says to clean them and they are made to take apart

I’ve got one sitting at 110 days and one at 65 days. Hopefully, the first will get of jail soon.

I’ve always heard that center fire cans don’t need cleaning, but rimfire do because of the lead build up and that rimfire powder is dirtier. Also that center fire will blast the buildup out. But I’ve mostly looked into rifle cans. My one is a .30 cal can for a .300 BLK and a .556 and the other is a .22 can. I’ll use that on a .22 AR style rifle and .22 pistol.

I just got my first suppressor out of jail about three weeks ago. We did an efile with it the first week of Jan and I was approved the second week of May. So it took just about three and a half months to the day for the approval. When I did my paper form 4 for a SBR it only took eight weeks. Now my best friend has a paper file for a suppressor that he's been waiting for his approval for over a year, now figure that one out?

I have a paper filed Form 4 for a dedicated 5.56 can that I bought back in November 2021, 2 weeks before Eforms got announced. I'm going on 210 days (7 months) and from what i'm hearing, i've got probably another 200 or so to go. Not very happy at all and quite honestly has turned me off majorly to anything requiring a tax stamp. ATF blows and so does our inept government.

I have a paper filed Form 4 for a dedicated 5.56 can that I bought back in November 2021, 2 weeks before Eforms got announced. I'm going on 210 days (7 months) and from what i'm hearing, i've got probably another 200 or so to go. Not very happy at all and quite honestly has turned me off majorly to anything requiring a tax stamp. ATF blows and so does our inept government.
That sucks. I have been against the whole tax stamp ATF circle jerk from the beginning. Especially over suppressors. That's like passing laws against body armor. Oh, here's some stuff that can protect you or protect your hearing. We better ban it. :rolleyes:

I'm now at 120 days for my first suppressor purchased. Purchased using eForms. Supposedly 90 turnaround, but nope... Have another at 75 days. Really discouraging me from buying another... This wait is just excruciating.
I got to 121 days and got notice from ATF that fingerprints were not included and got “disapproved”. Retailer has confirmation of receipt from ATF of fingerprints submitted electronically . Retailer is Refiling and raising cane with them over the missing fingerprints that show elec submitted and accepted .

Heard that this has happened to lots of folks.
I think its a govt stall tactic

I got to 121 days and got notice from ATF that fingerprints were not included and got “disapproved”. Retailer has confirmation of receipt from ATF of fingerprints submitted electronically . Retailer is Refiling and raising cane with them over the missing fingerprints that show elec submitted and accepted .

I’ve heard a lot of that too. Hope I don’t fall into that boat…

Did you use Silencershop?

Crazy thing is that I have many permits/stamps with the ATF, so you’d think I’d have no issues.
……. And they have a set of fingerprints on file from each permit request. 🧐🧐🧐
So to say they dont have fingerprints submitted with my last order is asinine

Crazy thing is that I have many permits/stamps with the ATF, so you’d think I’d have no issues.
……. And they have a set of fingerprints on file from each permit request. 🧐🧐🧐
So to say they dont have fingerprints submitted with my last order is asinine
Everything they do is asinine. You go into a gun store and it takes 15 minutes for a BCG and you can walk out. Why it takes them 4-12 months to run a BCG and say yay or nay is beyond me...

Back