testtest

And so it begins...

belladonna

Professional
So...this past Saturday we went up north (northern MN, close to International Falls). The mister's cousin owns a couple sections which he logs, and the family hunts on it every year. Well, I must say now that nothing says "I love you" quite like a refurbished She Shed....:eek::eek: I mean deer stand, yeah, DEER STAND!

My husband's father and uncle (both now deceased) built this about 40 years ago. We brought it home (south about 300 some odd miles) this past summer, and my husband put a new base, door, and energy efficient windows in the thing. We dragged it back up north this past weekend and the boys dragged it into the bush, and set it up on posts close to where the deer run.

I wanted to post this earlier but we didn't get back until late last night and I worked today. Deer season opener in MN starts this coming Saturday and I'm anxious to finally do this myself. Got me a nice spot!

I hope I didn't overload the post. Haven't done one this big before.

IMG_3627.jpegIMG_3640.jpegIMG_3637.jpegIMG_3645.jpegIMG_3648.jpegIMG_3655.jpegIMG_3665.jpegIMG_3666.jpeg

So...this past Saturday we went up north (northern MN, close to International Falls). The mister's cousin owns a couple sections which he logs, and the family hunts on it every year. Well, I must say now that nothing says "I love you" quite like a refurbished She Shed....:eek::eek: I mean deer stand, yeah, DEER STAND!

My husband's father and uncle (both now deceased) built this about 40 years ago. We brought it home (south about 300 some odd miles) this past summer, and my husband put a new base, door, and energy efficient windows in the thing. We dragged it back up north this past weekend and the boys dragged it into the bush, and set it up on posts close to where the deer run.

I wanted to post this earlier but we didn't get back until late last night and I worked today. Deer season opener in MN starts this coming Saturday and I'm anxious to finally do this myself. Got me a nice spot!

View attachment 46228View attachment 46229View attachment 46230View attachment 46231View attachment 46232View attachment 46233View attachment 46234View attachment 46235
Good luck with your hunt.

View attachment 46228View attachment 46229View attachment 46230View attachment 46231View attachment 46232View attachment 46233View attachment 46234View attachment 46235
Great pics Bella 👍. Don’t worry about the post’s length, it’s still only 1/3 of a normal @Belt Fed post 😬. (Just kidding Belt 😏)

Nice Taj Mahal 👍
Thats like Texas deer hunting😜

You’ll stay nice and dry and warm and enjoy the hunt.

I have many box blinds and lots of tree stands.
Tree stands are great when the weather is nice, but when it turns, a box blind is the bomb .
Cold and miserable in the sleet is not a fun hunt, even for the die hard folks. They may scoff at a blind, but why be miserable.
Enjoy your blind 👍😁

Back