testtest

Anniversary of Custers cluster

I'm told that my great grandfather hunted Custer over in the Shenandoah Valley, but he wasn't a native American. He was a Confederate and a member of the 14th Virginia Calvary. The folks in the Valley despised Custer and probably didn't shed a tear at his demise. As it was, my ancestor's unit was at Appomattox at the conclusion of hostiles. Many members decided not to surrender and rode west and when they crossed the James River it's said that they threw their sabers into the river and then continued towards their respective homes.

Last edited:
Okay, give your home, your land your property and everything you own to an American Indian who is historically from wherever you live go back to the old country.
And I would do that why? Because I disagree how they were treated? One meaningless gesture would do nothing to change the past. Nor do I believe in reparations for slavery, it changes nothing to give someone that never experienced it something for it. Besides which my ancestors had nothing to do with what occurred back then. Except perhaps for the vertmy small part of Indian claimed on my mother's side.

And honestly I am sure your post supposedly had some logical link to the post you quoted just not so sure what.

Last edited:
And I would do that why? Because I disagree how they were treated? One meaningless gesture would do nothing to change the past. Nor do I believe in reparations for slavery, it changes nothing to give someone that never experienced it something for it. Besides which my ancestors had nothing to do with what occurred back then. Except perhaps for the vertmy small part of Indian claimed on my mother's side.

And honestly I am sure your post supposedly had some logical link to the post you quoted just not so sure what.
It's entirely possible that I misunderstood your intent

Okay, give your home, your land your property and everything you own to an American Indian who is historically from wherever you live go back to the old country.
That’s a strawman. I could say the same thing to you anytime you talk about conserving wildlife.

Nobody here is trying to change history. And frankly this is why I didn’t post this thread yesterday. I’ve done it here before and I recall the reactions.

Here’s my deal. I’m Lakota, Cherokee and white. I’m not saying anyone should give anyone anything. My people have been off the reservation for a hundred years or more. In my opinion after the deed was done all the tribes should have been forced to assimilate. Instead the government gave them some crap land ( which plenty of white people, some here in fact, resent) and some rotten beef, took their guns and left them to die.

I’m not passing judgement on anyone, but if anyone expects me to express sympathy or celebrate the glory of Custer, that will not happen. So you guys can use June 25th to mourn your heroes, I won’t hold it against you. I’ll keep having a party every year in celebration of a victory by my people who managed to come together, however briefly, to utterly annihilate their pompous, arrogant, bigoted self righteous enemies.

Just for your consideration, my family spent summers attending an an Indian missionary church and living and traveling within two tribal lands. I was not divorced from their culture or issues nor do I take all of this flippantly. The goings on in the world were sometimes horrific, and still are. Wish it was different.

Back